• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kagekiyo Tanaka Heiji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregmega

Reaction score
Well I did it again. Couple ‘things’ came up, and now I need to move a few more knives out to make some room. This gets harder every time. I do not want to sell any of these. So please don’t dm me, it will break my heart. 😆

For your consideration-

Kagekiyo B1 210 gyuto, first gen from JKI
This one I purchased from Jon when he was still in Venice (iirc??) probably 8 years ago. This was from the first of the lacquered black series that he received, still intact with saya and crazy black box. Used a few times over the years and cleaned up by him about 4 years ago, stored since because I purchased like 126 knives since. 205/46/3.8 Purchased for 625 (fkn ca taxes) and selling for you fine people at 525 shipped conus.
29932891-84C7-4E97-BE30-CB7ADF90B4E9.jpeg

Next up is a Tanaka Gokujyo 225 W1 gyuto from Sakai Kikumori by way of Razorsharp. New, with saya and box, ebony handle. Basically a Fuji clone on a weightlifting program. Bought two at the same time and can say unequivocally that this knife out preformed my OG fuji. 217/51/3.5/200g Have a peak at my IG and see it in action. Really meant to keep this one as I sold the other and the gent who bought it really enjoys rubbing it in how good that knife is. 475$ to your door if you’re in the lower 48.
60FC5FFF-E417-4CEA-8C29-A2EF64245AAB.jpeg

Next up is a Heiji 165 SS petty purchased from JKI 8 years ago at the old Venice location. With saya- sadly can’t find the original box.Used a few times through the years, still in terrific shape, spent more time on the road in the bag than on the boards sadly. 155ish/30/3ish. I don’t recall what I paid for this at all. How does 250 sound? I’ll accept reasonable offers as well.
9DE90D2B-8E65-4991-9EBD-2DA8E8A0305B.jpeg

Lastly, I have a one-off Kagekiyo custom 225 suji that I’ll put up as a last resort. But let’s see how this goes first. Sorry for the subpar pics, dm with any questions, happy to answer. Thanks for your time:)

Last edited:
Great looking knives. Just one note - the three dots on the Heiji means it's his semi stainless steel.

Which is awesome because his SS is crazy easy to sharpen and holds an edge forever.

Great looking knives. Just one note - the three dots on the Heiji means it's his semi stainless steel.

Which is awesome because his SS is crazy easy to sharpen and holds an edge forever.
Thanks man- it’s been so long I didn’t even remember. I adjusted price and info to reflect. I have no idea what it worth but I remember what I paid.

Back