• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kaiju - $1,800

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the time has come that I make my offer.

I am willing to pay $2,000 for an unused or lightly used B1 Kaiju. I am of course interested in Kaiju’s in other steels, but my offer will be less depending on steel and condition.

I am aware of what these knives sell for, and I am aware this is an absurd offer, but I’d really like one, and right now, I have more money than Kaiju’s.

If this post is still up, the offer stands.

Located in Canada.

Sincerely and appreciatively,

- Luke

As someone who owned a Kaiju and actually used it... I will say that it is one knife I sort of wish was back in my arsenal. (Yet I also miss my Jiro Sujihiki among other knives as well.) However, I sold that knife in the first place because I was fine with waiting for the next round — whenever that may be — so that I could try and pick one up myself at retail. Take that as what you will, GLWS.

As someone who owned a Kaiju and actually used it... I will say that it is one knife I sort of wish was back in my arsenal. (Yet I also miss my Jiro Sujihiki among other knives as well.) However, I sold that knife in the first place because I was fine with waiting for the next round — whenever that may be — so that I could try and pick one up myself at retail. Take that as what you will, GLWS.

Thank you. I completely understand. I will also be trying to get one on the next drop, however I know a lot of other people will be as well and my chances are slim. However my offer stands for knives in the next drop as well. If anyone manages to get a Kaiju whenever the next drop is, feel free to flip it to me.

For that amount of money just try to contact Konosuke or Myojin directly on their instagram first imo. Might as well give money directly to the creators if they are able to find one knife for you…

I actually did try this. I made them the same offer but they were very politely unable to oblige. I’m sure with enough persuasion or money you could do it. But I did not want to be rude or any more ridiculous than 2,000

Not looking good...

279354579_548156723596557_8645927414395942718_n.jpg

Well the time has come that I make my offer.

I am willing to pay $2,000 for an unused or lightly used B1 Kaiju. I am of course interested in Kaiju’s in other steels, but my offer will be less depending on steel and condition.

I am aware of what these knives sell for, and I am aware this is an absurd offer, but I’d really like one, and right now, I have more money than Kaiju’s.

If this post is still up, the offer stands.

Located in Canada.

Sincerely and appreciatively,

- Luke
I have been talking to a Cuple of people who own one, but they just don't want to let them go!!

I actually did try this. I made them the same offer but they were very politely unable to oblige. I’m sure with enough persuasion or money you could do it. But I did not want to be rude or any more ridiculous than 2,000
Pretty sure they would have contract or rules against doing this kind thing.

By the looks of it, it's been about a year since the last Kaiju drop. All the relevant parties have moved a lot of blades in that time except Konosuke, so it is a wonder what the actual problem is.

Is Ivan still doing the final polish or was that only for the very first batch of them ?

even at $1500, it's still a better knife than Kato 240. i have observed both on the same day.

i own both a Kaiju and a Kato 240 and use both regularly. I do not agree that the kaiju is a better knife that a Kato. kato (STD) to me, is more versatile, better HT, higher performance grind. I like the kaiju pretty well and its a fantastic knife, but in my experience its a step below Kato. YMMV

i own both a Kaiju and a Kato 240 and use both regularly. I do not agree that the kaiju is a better knife that a Kato. kato (STD) to me, is more versatile, better HT, higher performance grind. I like the kaiju pretty well and its a fantastic knife, but in my experience its a step below Kato. YMMV
well, i don't know what's your preference. maybe I saw a ****** Kato.
the one that I saw also has small delamination.

I believe you are completely wrong to suggest this. There is no way Kosuke would do that for just one individual. He has high moral standards. There are retailers that might, but no way Konosuke. I remember hearing about someone making crazy offers for these knives a year or so ago with some retailers and being told to take a hike! Not suggesting you should not try. But I for one am glad that money, in this instance, does not talk ;-)

Back