Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has 5 times more wabi-sabi!
1618358012483.jpeg

Konosuke or TF or JML

LETS GO!!!!!

Simple - do you go through and validate that everyone has met the criteria (like the post, follow Ai&Om) first and then run a live draw or just pick a name and then validate?

It's not like a live draw is assurance of anything anyways.

And I'm not saying that what Ai and Om did was crooked - i'm just replying to the comment.
I was not clear. To put in simple terms I think it is not fair, for everyone who subscribed to the lottery, not to see the drawing.

I think it was manipulated.

I was not clear. To put in simple terms I think it is not fair, for everyone who subscribed to the lottery, not to see the drawing.

Maybe they don't have enough people or time to make it transparent. remember not all stores have a lot of employees in this pandemic time. or Maybe they don't want to see the blacklisted name show up in the raffle.

Maybe don’t go casting aspersions with zero evidence. It was a basic knife drawing with free entry, which was certainly more work for the seller than just listing them on his site. I highly doubt anyone set out to screw anyone else over. Let’s all just move on with life.

Maybe don’t go casting aspersions with zero evidence. It was a basic knife drawing with free entry, which was certainly more work for the seller than just listing them on his site. I highly doubt anyone set out to screw anyone else over. Let’s all just move on with life.

I’ll ask why go to the trouble of even holding a lottery if you’re going to throw it? Even a live drawing could be manipulated.
Kudos to Ai and Om for doing it well!
I have some disappointment, but that’s the way things go. Even with the “fairest system”, there were going to be hundreds of disappointed people.
Overall I’ve had some amazing recent knife juju, so I’m pretty happy.
I guarantee you there will be some incredible knives up for grabs next week, month, year, etc.

I think I was not clear: The last live draws I watched for Kono's involved a store person randomly generating a number, scanning down a spreadsheet on a screen we couldn't see and calling out a name. Trivial to manipulate as you never see the list so the the number is meaningless. And again, not claiming that any of them were rigged.

You entered, you lost, you cried conspiracy. Welcome to the Internet.

Ai and Om could've simply put them up for sale and then you'd be here whining that it's unfair that you have to checkout in the first 2 seconds.

Given the hassle of customers claiming it's unfair (due to demand far exceeding supply), I surprised the vendors even want to deal with this knife.

I think I was not clear: The last live draws I watched for Kono's involved a store person randomly generating a number, scanning down a spreadsheet on a screen we couldn't see and calling out a name. Trivial to manipulate as you never see the list so the the number is meaningless. And again, not claiming that any of them were rigged.

You entered, you lost, you cried conspiracy. Welcome to the Internet.

Ai and Om could've simply put them up for sale and then you'd be here whining that it's unfair that you have to checkout in the first 2 seconds.

Given the hassle of customers claiming it's unfair (due to demand far exceeding supply), I surprised the vendors even want to deal with this knife.
Sorry I just finished work and couldn't reply early.
. To you and to all: please do not misinterpret what I said, I don't mean to cry, whine, what I mean is they should do the same as what Tosho did with their last lottery for the Morihiro Kasumi. If you recall, they had a big bag full with numbers on paper and a list in front of them with the people, each people associated with a number. They drew and showed everyone the list and the number they drew.

Also I was not clear on one point, I rephrase here : I do not want to blame the winners and accuse them to have convinced the retailer to sell them the knife, rather what I want to say is that there should be a record live of the drawing, in respect of the people who joined with the hope in getting one of the 2 blades.

. To you and to all: please do not misinterpret what I said, I don't mean to cry, whine, what I mean is they should do the same as what Tosho did with their last lottery for the Morihiro Kasumi. If you recall, they had a big bag full with numbers on paper and a list in front of them with the people, each people associated with a number. They drew and showed everyone the list and the number they drew.

Also I was not clear on one point, I rephrase here : I do not want to blame the winners and accuse them to have convinced the retailer to sell them the knife, rather what I want to say is that there should be a record live of the drawing, in respect of the people who joined with the hope in getting one of the 2 blades.

So what you are now implying is that Ai and Om, of their own decision and for some gain that only they know, decided that it was in their best interest to assign the winners to two members of this community? Care to elaborate on this point?

As I said, Ai and Om loses just by trying to sell this knife as people would not be happy due to such high demand. Why would they make their life more difficult?

So what you are now implying is that Ai and Om, of their own decision and for some gain that only they know, decided that it was in their best interest to assign the winners to two members of this community? Care to elaborate on this point?

As I said, Ai and Om loses just by trying to sell this knife as people would not be happy due to such high demand. Why would they make their life more difficult?
I am just ending the conversation here. Nothing against you mate.

I am just ending the conversation here. Nothing against you mate.

it’s alright, your job is done here. You’ve basically implied that AI&OM are crooked already

Can we leave off the conspiracock nonsense.

it’s alright, your job is done here. You’ve basically implied that AI&OM are crooked already

Can we leave off the conspiracock nonsense.

If you’re offended then it’s probably best to let it die instead of stoking the fire. 🤷‍♂️

They will be fine despite one man’s opinion about how they should have ran the drawing. Plus look at all their new ig followers!

Bro chill.

I mean lets be 100% clear. Kono and all its resellers are selling a knife that could probably fetch $1k+. Ai and Om went to make it so scripts or adderall addicts with callused fingers from smashing control r didn't get it (no offense to the two or three dozen or so members in this category).

Bottom line: They went above and beyond what they had to do both from a profit and and effort point of view. We all have really nice knives, we'll survive till the next release.

Hopefully not Kaiju related, but who is the guy retiring? Don’t know any of the smiths bypicture.

Back