Kamon production knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody else get a chance to snag one of these? I’m super stoked. I was taking a crap at like 6am before heading to work and just happened to be on Instagram when he dropped this set. They sold out super fast, just like the notorious dalmans and comets. Fill you all in once it arrives.

6B3502F9-FF53-4EF9-AEA8-F19DA00F43BE.png

Missed out on one of these. The price was right, that's for sure.
It's nice to see upper-tier makers offering runs of more affordable batches (Mert's HVB, Dalman, etc.).

I saw this post immediately and thought they were interesting but there was something i just didn't like about them. That being said though I probably would have tried to get in on the buy if I didn't have one ordered through him already.

If it's similar performance wise to his higher tier knives - wich they probably are - its one of the best bang for buck knives out there.

Also: mono steel > San mai imo ;)

Yeah it's an pretty awesome concept for a budget knife. He only grinds the hollow pre heat treatment so the whole process takes the least amount of time for him.
FYI: the steel (1.2067) is roughly an 52100 equivalent.

Ordered one as well. Will be my 4th. His knives are great performers and look gorgeous. I'm sure this knife won't dissapoint as well.

Mack.

Met Benjamin on Saturday, he showed me his prototype, you will like the knife, that's for sure. Knives will be finished till Wednesday, then he'll send them.

Mack.

Nice im excited. Im in the states so i should get it by the end of next week i imagine. Can't wait, gunna turn it into my work workhorse

My experience is, that it takes at least 2 weeks to ship a knife from Austria to the states. And I don't know whether it will be checked by customs, which sometimes leads to a much longer shipping time (at least the other way round - from the States to Austria).

But the knives are nearly finished.

Mack.

No, the first batch. But Ben is trying to do a second one soon, maybe still this year.

Mack.

My experience is, that it takes at least 2 weeks to ship a knife from Austria to the states. And I don't know whether it will be checked by customs, which sometimes leads to a much longer shipping time (at least the other way round - from the States to Austria).

But the knives are nearly finished.

Mack.

customs don’t care in the US....

no import fees, taxes, tariffs (YET!) haha.... buying knives from overseas in the US was a pleasure .... ah those Dalmans sans 20something% VAT.... that was quite the sticker shock when I moved back to the EU...

I believe these are mailed, I got a notice earlier this week.

I did already receive my knife, but I live in Austria, same as Benjamin. So, yes, they are already shipped.

Mack.

Pictures or it didn’t happen :D. A review would be great too.

Ah, man, there is a lot of work at the moment. Can do some quick pictures tomorrow though, when I am back from work.

Mack.

I got shipping confirmation a week or so ago. No knife yet, and the tracking website is in Austrian so I have no idea how to navigate the website. Patiently waiting...

Guys, it will take around 2 weeks or longer for a package to arrive from Austria to US, sometimes longer. Just my experience with shipping from DE.

I got shipping confirmation a week or so ago. No knife yet, and the tracking website is in Austrian so I have no idea how to navigate the website. Patiently waiting...
If you have a tracking number and are shipping to the US you can also check updates on USPS.com

Back