Kanji help please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krouton

Reaction score
Hello looking for some new projects to fix up and found this Nakiri. No identifying information in the post, can anyone help translate this for me?
Screenshot_20210314-135156__01.jpg

I think the pronunciation of that brand is "Seki Magoroku" (means the sixth grandson in direct translation).
How old is it?

It's brand from Kai Corporation (貝印株式會社) (Shun 旬 is also one of the brands in that company).
I don't think they still do engrave kanjis on their knives anymore, the Seki Magoroku kanjis are all painted kanjis by laser just like Shun.

It's brand from Kai Corporation (貝印株式會社) (Shun 旬 is also one of the brands in that company).
I don't think they still do engrave kanjis on their knives anymore, the Seki Magoroku kanjis are all painted kanjis by laser just like Shun.
Thank you for your help! When I read your second reply I was wondering if it was the Kai Corp because I've seen those Kai Seki Magoroku knives with the black and metal handles around. Nice to have the confirmation.

Just for good orders sake, that 會 hasn't been used since the 1940s and has been replaced with 会.

貝印株式会社 | kai corporation

Back