Kanji translation plz!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kotte

Reaction score
Dear KKF members,

I recently picked up three blades on eBay to restore. I know nothing of them and would greatly appreciate if you could help me!

1E13BD88-A76A-4C85-AF49-6F3D9FD72047.jpeg

3893C574-EA7B-48A4-B5AE-8E8D7DC1FC98.jpeg

0862A3C5-3B90-42DE-A9E5-96DD0589173C.jpeg

(And the other side!)
51BA2E89-5783-4E67-A24E-C9067AB909C5.jpeg

Thank you so much! 😊

Dear KKF members,

I recently picked up three blades on eBay to restore. I know nothing of them and would greatly appreciate if you could help me!

1.View attachment 167886
View attachment 167887
View attachment 167888
(And the other side!) View attachment 167889

Thank you so much! 😊

Here you go sir carl!

1. 登録 registered (trade mark)
照正 Terumasa
特製 special made

2. 菊元 Kikumoto
日本鋼 japanese steel

3. Adam92 already answered, but I’ll add it anyway
スェーデン鋼割込 Swedish steel warikomi
本職用 for professional use
登録 registered
藤次郎作 made by tojiro

Don’t really know the first two…

Never seen a Swedish steel Tojiro before, is it full stainless?

Here you go sir carl!

1. 登録 registered (trade mark)
照正 Terumasa
特製 special made

2. 菊元 Kikumoto
日本鋼 japanese steel

3. Adam92 already answered, but I’ll add it anyway
スェーデン鋼割込 Swedish steel warikomi
本職用 for professional use
登録 registered
藤次郎作 made by tojiro

Don’t really know the first two…
Thank you so much sir! That’s very kind of you!

As far as I know, Tojiro used to make Swedish steel before, but is more than 10 year, they stop making Swedish steel anymore. In Taiwan, many chef still collecting old Tojiro gyuto, because the steel & the handle is much more better than DP series. You found a fortune!😄😄😄

Any idea what kind of Swedish steel has been used? There was a time when 19C27 or AEB-H — the steel used for the UX-10 — was quite popular in Japan, and 'Swedish steel' often meant that one. Large, but regularly distributed carbides. Developed for industrial purposes — steel cutting. The kind of steel that keeps its bite even when perfectly dull. Much loved by cooks who have a peculiar notion of sharpness and don't sharpen themselves — they probably love Globals as well.
Very different from 13C26 or AEB-L.

Any idea what kind of Swedish steel has been used? There was a time when 19C27 or AEB-H — the steel used for the UX-10 — was quite popular in Japan, and 'Swedish steel' often meant that one. Large, but regularly distributed carbides. Developed for industrial purposes — steel cutting. The kind of steel that keeps its bite even when perfectly dull. Much loved by cooks who have a peculiar notion of sharpness and don't sharpen themselves — they probably love Globals as well.
Very different from 13C26 or AEB-L.
Ginsan is basically AEB-H.

Back