• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Kato 210 Gyuto Workhorse, 150 Petty, Shig 165 Santoku, 150 Petty, Masayuko 165 ku nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenerben

Reaction score
All knives purchased by me from Maksim/JNS and receipts can be provided. UK Based.

The Santuko is BNIB all others have had home use and been sharpened. Prices are plus postage.

Shigefusa Kurouchi 165mm Wa Santoku £200 ($250)
Shigefusa Kurouchi 150mm Wa Petty £280 ($350)
Masayuki KU Nakiri 165mm £200 ($250)
Yoshiaki Fujiwara 150mm Petty (not workhorse) £250 ($310) on hold at a higher price
Yoshiaki Fujiwara 210mm Gyuto 馬車馬 £700 ($870)

More pics to follow of specific knives.

Last edited:
Yoshiaki Fujiwara 210mm Gyuto 馬車馬

Purchased Nov 2015
Weight = 198g

Please see photos as it does have a black dot near the heel which you can feel with your nail and a slight ding on the edge I've tried to show both in photos.

Nice to see katos and shigs priced fairly! Especially those petty knives will fly out with those prices. :)

Nice to see katos and shigs priced fairly! Especially those petty knives will fly out with those prices. :)

That'll be why my mailbox has gone crazy.... I'm going to post the photos I have taken to show full condition of each before replying to any more message. I believe them to be in good condition but please see pics to satisfy yourself.

Actually I'm going to have a cup of tea first........

OK so judging by the reaction it seems I have under priced the Petty's. I am only selling these as I need to raise funds, as such I cannot afford to leave money on the table.

Sorry, as you can tell by my initial pricing I am a better gardener than businessman.

Shigefusa Kurouchi 165mm Wa Santoku £200 ($250)

Never used or sharpened, selling below cost.

Last edited:
Sorry Dhoff, point taken. Embarrassed to have done it, my initial mistake which became obvious when I had so much interest in the pettys. Not looking to exploit but do need all I can get for them, in hindsight perhaps I should have just ebayed them.

Good prices even after increase. GLWS

Edit. About next reply. This is not trade, for which your quote is referring to.

If you read further down the rules, it states original asking price should not be deleted.

Thread temporarily closed for a moderation, thank you for your patience.

EDIT: Done. Abstaining from any further comments against the BST rules is highly recommended.

Last edited:
What a chitstorm! Matus asked me to look in as I typically don't follow WTS threads for Shigs, Katos, and such that I have absolutely no interest in buying/owning.

From the cheap seats it looks like:

OP made an offer to sell a knife(s) for $X. That offer was accepted - apparently by a few people - that's what makes a contract. Done. If OP wants to renege on the contract there's not much to be done. This time. Personnally don't give 2effs if after the contract he thought he undervalued them.

This thread will only remain open because it appears there are members that want to purchase the knives. OP pls get it sorted out quickly.

What a chitstorm! Matus asked me to look in as I typically don't follow WTS threads for Shigs, Katos, and such that I have absolutely no interest in buying/owning.

OP made an offer to sell a knife(s) for $X. That offer was accepted - apparently by a few people - that's what makes a contract. Done. If OP wants to renege on the contract there's not much to be done. This time. Personnally don't give 2effs if after the contract he thought he undervalued them.

This thread will only remain open because it appears there are members that want to purchase the knives. OP pls get it sorted out quickly.

I think you have a misconception about what constitutes a contract. Listing an offering price and having someone agree to that price does not make you legally bound to fulfill that agreement.

That could be debated but to what end? No one here has the ability to enforce a contract. It certainly meets the requirements of one.

Done with this before Matus deletes me.

To form a contract I would have to complete a deal which involves accepting all terms of a contract, agreeable payment method, price and shipping terms. This I have not done with anyone at any agreed price on any of these knives, despite wading through countless messages which shows just how much the item was undervalued. To keep this in context I under priced 2 Petty's one it seems significantly, that's it.

I'll make it easy for everyone, all knives are withdrawn. I'll sell elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back