• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Kato WH 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregmega

Reaction score
Hey all-

Looking to trade straight across a Kato Wh 240 for a Kato std. Picked up mine in a trade a while ago, tried her out and absolutely love it, but it’s a bit large for my tastes (247ish) and I know the std comes in around 230. Circa 2015 (?) JNS with insane burnt walnut handle (back when the stock was tipity-top). This one has been used a few times, and just touched up by Mr Magic Hands himself, Jon at JKI so it’s in better than new shape imo.

Not including trade value as I think the trade is specific enough. Only entertaining this trade, not willing to sell. Used is fine within reason.

Thanks!

b4ecf27e54cf57c34d773dbdd7e5e812.jpg
af8841cc21cb6c3c442da933fda650ec.jpg
861500a796e3704b8b09af2b125bf412.jpg
40dc418ab69650b8eca0143369249442.jpg

Think thats burnt Chestnut not Walnut. Its easily my favorite wood and JNS's D-shape version is one of the best of its kind. Total package here.

Think thats burnt Chestnut not Walnut. Its easily my favorite wood and JNS's D-shape version is one of the best of its kind. Total package here.

You’re right- not quite sure how that slipped.

And yes, this one is a real fine example. Don’t know how, but the older ones from 3 or so years and going back further were just better. Tighter grain, darker. All that.

Hey all. Gonna move this one back to the top. Trade never worked so I packed it up and chose to wait. So. I’ve been stuck on a honyaki kick- lmk if there’s any groovy stuff laying around, also been looking for a stainless beast in r2 and the like. Or just any weird stuff. If this one doesn’t stick, I’ll just send it to Kev for a spa, swap out the handle, and build a saya for it.

I can’t edit the original post, so dm with any other questions. Thx 😊

Back