• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Katsushige Anryu 300mm AS Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbyrd

Reaction score
I'm the original owner of this Anryu sujihiki. I purchased it from Japanny a year or two before Anryu retired. They had two of these knives in stock, and this one had better fit and finish so I chose it. I am a home cook, so this received light use in the interim years. I have included many photos for you to judge the condition, but the only real blemishes on the blade are some very light scratching to the cladding in the shiny part of the blade below the shinogi. They're the kind of light scratches you get from rinsing and drying the blade... Difficult to see unless you're looking, and hard to photograph. It'd still put this as a 9.5/10 for the condition (with 10 being its condition when it was new). I love this knife. Only selling to pay medical bills.

Asking $475 shipped in the US.

The blade is stainless clad aogami super blue with a hammered kurouchi finish The handle is D-SHAPED rosewood with a pakkawood ferrule. I love the d-shape of the handle, but it is best suited for right handed cutters. So is the grind. 300mm Anryus are rare beasts, which is a shame because they are excellent. Despite its length, this is a firm blade with little flex. It's an authoritative cutter, equally at home slicing sashimi or a huge roast.

SPECS: This blade is 303mm long from tip to heel. At the heel, the blade is 41.5mm high. The knife weighs 225g. There's not much in the way of distal taper, apart from coming out of the handle quite thick (and strong) and then rapidly thinning out in the first few centimeters of the blade. The balance point is in the middle of the bottom kanji, which is maybe 2cm in front of a pinch grip for me. The weight of the knife wants to cut for you, but it's not so far forward that you can't easily control it. An awesome knife and a lot of fun.

Knife ships from NC via USPS.

Additional high res images available upon request.

DSC09231.JPG

DSC09217.JPG

DSC09211.JPG

DSC09225.JPG

IMG_6571.JPG

Back