• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kemadi Vege Cleaver/Slicer in Bulat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce8088

Banned
Reaction score
Kemadi Vege Cleaver/Slicer @ 200mmx95mm in bulat (coreless damascus) steel. Ultra thin lower geometry with 447 grams behind that thin edge - it just slays. The damascus pattern is more subtle now as I've fingered stoned it and also has patina from use.

Chocolate ironwood burl handle with black hornbeam saya by Graydon Decollibus. Flat spot starts mid blade to heel and profile also works for slight rock.

As sharp as any carbon steel with more aggressiveness and with edge retention exceeding R2 and ZDP. Selling to upgrade to a fullsize in same steel :) - just that good.

800 USD paypal'ed and shipped in Canada. Buyer pays extra shipping to USA and cost difference for world wide.

1ydLvq2l.jpg

JfSInjVl.jpg

z5rcTYll.jpg

gtn0Rwhl.jpg

owAlomwl.jpg

RFIeky0l.jpg

UkqfT9Nl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on the outside so no joke other than I want to know the answer, too. I keep begging for a 270 but they just ignore me. :D:D:D From everything I hear, the steel is SOOOO GOOOOOD!

You need a password key to enter that info

I'm on the outside so no joke other than I want to know the answer, too. I keep begging for a 270 but they just ignore me. :D:D:D From everything I hear, the steel is SOOOO GOOOOOD!
Thanks for the insight. It's hard to judge the caliber of a knife without knowing the maker, background, or something about the product! I have a suspicion that KP is on on these. Anyone that has info that they would share it would be welcomed.

I was told on good authority from someone who knows the cousin who knows the maker of the handle and the saya that this one doubles as a cheese board, or if you’re feeling randy, a small cutting board

Thanks for the insight. It's hard to judge the caliber of a knife without knowing the maker, background, or something about the product! I have a suspicion that KP is on on these. Anyone that has info that they would share it would be welcomed.

A good /famous maker can still make a bad knife

A good /famous maker can still make a bad knife
True. And an inexperienced or low quality maker can still make a good knife. But it's hard for someone considering a purchase to judge the quality (without handling it) without knowing what or who you are dealing with in terms of name, reputation, etc. And while a good maker can still make a bad knife, their reputation certainly wouldn't be good if they did not routinely make good knives.

I personally don't use cleavers but you can trust users' opinions too without knowing the maker.
Kemadi is a badass knife IMO
Bulat steel is one of the toughest steels I have tried, been using it for a couple of weeks now, I'm very happy with it, superb edge retention and excellent grind.
be sure this knife is up to par with any of the reputable makers as far as performance.
for me, that's good enough and I don't need a name or a famous kanji on it.
I still don't know who the maker is.
for all I care it could be Elvis

True. And an inexperienced or low quality maker can still make a good knife. But it's hard for someone considering a purchase to judge the quality (without handling it) without knowing what or who you are dealing with in terms of name, reputation, etc. And while a good maker can still make a bad knife, their reputation certainly wouldn't be good if they did not routinely make good knives.

lol so many replies since my first post - eitan said it pretty much accurate - think of kemadi as a konosuke it's basically a brand that works with some well known or lesser known smiths as of right now - for kemadi it's lesser known european smiths where one actually specializes in producing bulat (they make swords with them). I designed this one with kemadi knives and my intention was to create a cleaver that can be daily driven at home and also in a pro kitchen so I decided on using bulat and also the dimensions and grind. I have a pretty unicorn mizuno full size cleaver (230x108) that is just a crazy cutter (almost perfect convex with crazy thin lower geometry for a knife that's 788 grams) but just too large and heavy for daily use. This kemadi cleaver is that knife on steroids - same aggressive convex grind but even thinner lower geometry and lighter weight - I would say this is a 911 turbo s compared to the cayenne turbo s. Better weight to performance ratio and the steel is just perfect for cleaver - stays aggressively sharp forever. I specialize in keeping and using cleavers so you can take my word for it that it is simply bomb - so bomb that i'm making one just slightly larger with a different finish (to test) to fit in my line up better.

I'll include a side by side with it's father tonight.

and here is a side by side of the two.

ZoSvysPl.jpg

let's see how we can fix that for you but once you have it in your hands you may let go 99% of the other knives, this thing never dulls unless you hack into bones every morning after your regular routines.

Thanks for the comparison; both are beautiful blades.

np :) - they are mean cutters. Both handle scales are from the same block of chocolate ironwood burl too - now that i have them side by side maybe they should remain together haha.

let's see how we can fix that for you but once you have it in your hands you may let go 99% of the other knives, this thing never dulls unless you hack into bones every morning after your regular routines.
I'm willing to take that risk. ;):p

GLWS! I've always wanted to try a clever and this has been on my mind since you posted it.

I'd be all over it if I weren't struggling financially at the moment. Good luck with the sale!

Back