Kent's Knife Cleanerand sharperner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
I never seen one of these before .

bllw3gmkkgrhqqokjwet.jpg
[/IMG]

kent2.jpg
[/IMG]

blleiwwkkgrhquokjces.jpg
[/IMG]

bllflgbwkkgrhqyokioe.jpg
[/IMG]

knife3dkd.jpg
[/IMG]

Cleans and polish your silver and add the powder to sharpen
$300-$1500 .

miscknifecleaner.jpg
[/IMG]

There is one of those in a local knife store, House of Blades.

There around, kind of unique

2012-04-07%252015.25.31.jpg

2012-04-07%252015.29.00.jpg

2012-04-07%252015.25.55.jpg

I put my foot in there to show scale. This one is a wee little thing.

I tried telling the store clerk that it wasn't a knife sharpener, but a knife cleaner. That makes total sense, because when I saw it before, it's mechanism of sharpening was completely inscrutable. But it's obvious how it works to clean! And it was over with the folding knives, but it's for kitchen knives. Oh, the days when people gave enough of a crap to care for their kitchen tools. Back when families fed themselves food.

The person working there didn't know what it was and didn't seem to care. I gave her a "hey, do you know what that thing is back there.." kind of bit and, she said "Well, it's an antique and it's not for sale."

Cool thanks for the pixs .
from what i read it is mostly for cleaning the silver in hotels or home but has slots for the carving knife and with the emery powder could sharpen .
they came in all sizes like i said you could find one for $300 to $1500 or more just like anything find one where no one knows what it is .

Oh what knife store .

House of Blades, in Fort Worth. Big store, lots of knives, nothing special, strangely. Prices are a bit high, and the service isn't a bunch of well-informed knife gurus, and it's hard as hell to get to, so I'm not sure what they are basing their business model on other than "Big bowie sign on highway in Texas"

Eamon, I'll totally send you the bizarro knife if you go in there and steal that thing! I'll bail you out too if you get busted!

the sign could be bigger .

hK35g.jpg
[/IMG]

The other side is a bowie, lol. It's a neat shop, especially for folders. You can compare spydercos and handle a sebenza. But it won't be cheap! I got my Vic Sportsman there.

Oh, and the sharpening stuff! They have massive amounts of every kind of sharpening equipment I wouldn't waste my time on.

Back