SOLD Kippington 235mm Work-Pony Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kippington

A small green parrot
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wanted to make a knife that is more friendly to home users. The biggest change involves a shorter blade than my usual 240-270 mm, but with a flatter profile and not as much belly when compared to a standard gyuto of this length.
  • 235 mm long
  • 54 mm heel
  • 52100 high carbon steel
  • 258 grams
  • Work-pony (medium) grind
  • Right handed - grind and smoothing of spine, choil and heel
  • 3 mm spine thickness into handle with medium distal taper
  • Octagonal wa handle, removable beeswax install
  • Black Juma ferrule and Curly Myrtle with Cupronickel spacer
  • $540 USD shipped
Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions.

5WFjcfW.jpg

8a22cLu.jpg

UsrN7bf.jpg

jVYcn35.jpg

Pzn9qFw.jpg

sbgcklw.jpg

Last edited:
Kipps medium distal taper is still way more dramatic than most knives.

I don’t know if it’s because I’m newer to kitchen knives but I really like the extra thought/work you do to the below circled area which I believe it’s called the heel. That area has bit me several times wiping down my knife and absolutely cut the heck out of my wife’s expensive Norwex dish cloth.
uJXtmfh.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s because I’m newer to kitchen knives but I really like the extra thought/work you do to the below circled area which I believe it’s called the heel. That area has bit me several times wiping down my knife and absolutely cut the heck out of my wife’s expensive Norwex dish cloth.
Yeah it helps stop accidental cuts from happening. It also adds reinforcement to the sharp edge at the heel, which is important on thin grinds. All of my lasers have it now, otherwise they risk getting bent out of shape.

Back