Kippington Workpony 250mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kippington

A small green parrot
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to sell this work pony. I wasn't sure if I should label it a workhorse - it kind of looks like one at the heel - but it gets quite thin behind the edge quickly towards the tip.
Probably due to the distal taper.
  • 248 mm edge length
  • 54 mm heel height
  • 52100 high carbon steel
  • 230 grams
  • 4.5 mm spine thickness into handle
  • Right handed grind and easing of choil
  • Octagonal wa handle, removable beeswax install
  • Black Juma ferrule with cupronickel spacer and pine wood
  • $480 USD shipped
This thing is really comfortable to hold. I'm very happy with the way the machi/neck lines up with the handle. I'm pretty much aiming to do it like this from now on.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions!
lOtMTPt.jpg

QoUIcvx.jpg

J6VTcy2.jpg

7UruK5x.jpg

bNWV4Bz.jpg

2APZWvI.jpg

J1fdN04.jpg

Great profile on this one. Very reminiscent of the chevron hook grind passaround, which is excellent and work pony grind, my favorite. Damn missed it had to do something else in the 2 minutes it took😭

Man I would still love one of these. I would love it if you set up a web store Kip! I’ve been meaning to put my name down for one of these for a while.

+1 webstore, I'd also put my name down if I thought you were taking them lol

Whom ever snagged it, if you find that it is not for you, please contact me. This is basically what I would want in a custom. Especially if balance is around middle of the feather as it appears to be.

This one looks so great Jules. Can't wait for my name to come up for a knife from you.

It was like 2 minutes lol. I need to set up a web store at some stage... and make stuff to sell.
Hopefully, you keep putting out the high quality knives that you are making. I love mine. The neck area on this one seems, pretty similiar to mine, which i think is excellently done.

Everything about this is gorgeous, but that handle fit is so absurdly clean that I caught myself stank facing when I first saw those pictures

Everything about this is gorgeous, but that handle fit is so absurdly clean that I caught myself stank facing when I first saw those pictures
I'm very happy that I can get a wax install to work this well. Completely removable with a block of wood and a small hammer, but fits solidly with correct position.

I'm some kind of hobbyist guy, messing around here and there. You make something else entirely than what I got from professionals so far. A knife so fine and clean is almost a crime.

Next time I see one of these sale thread I'll wish people GLWB.

How about some smaller ones? Correct handed of course.

That distal taper is perfection

Back