WTB Kiridashi for polish testing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Matt Zilliox

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello KKF,

Im looking for one or 2 kiridashi for testing stones and polishing practice. looking for iron cladding for contrast please. if it can also carve out wood, even better.

Thanks

childermass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s your budget?
Are you looking for something fancy or standard stuff?
If you want to go fancy there are at least two makers in the US that I can recommend.

Matt Zilliox

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking for something sooner rather than later to be honest, budget flexible. i do have one or 2 commissions coming eventually, but im not sure when. It doesnt need to be too fancy, it just needs to have iron and carbon steel for testing contrast on stones.

childermass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this case you could look for a simple OKEYA Kiridashi. They can be had for little money on eBay although I don’t know how shipping from Japan to the USA is at the moment.
The site that‘s not to be named got them too but they charge a lot extra.
I could ship one to you but as I‘m in Austria that might be a problem too.

parbaked

Reaction score
Hida sell kiridashi, but I am not sure about the cladding:

SeattleBen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve not had any luck for the okeya on eBay recently. Which makers are you recommending for nicer ones @childermass ?

childermass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve not had any luck for the okeya on eBay recently. Which makers are you recommending for nicer ones @childermass ?
You can ask Jim Blauvelt if you want something substantial (jim blauvelt (@jimblauvelt) • Instagram photos and videos
Another great choice is Alexander Bazes (Alexander Bazes (@bazesblades) • Instagram photos and videos)

Jim will most likely make one on request, Alexander is pretty booked so you would have to wait until he makes some but maybe there are even some left from his last batch.