• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Kiridashi for polish testing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking for something sooner rather than later to be honest, budget flexible. i do have one or 2 commissions coming eventually, but im not sure when. It doesnt need to be too fancy, it just needs to have iron and carbon steel for testing contrast on stones.

In this case you could look for a simple OKEYA Kiridashi. They can be had for little money on eBay although I don’t know how shipping from Japan to the USA is at the moment.
The site that‘s not to be named got them too but they charge a lot extra.
I could ship one to you but as I‘m in Austria that might be a problem too.

I’ve not had any luck for the okeya on eBay recently. Which makers are you recommending for nicer ones @childermass ?

You can ask Jim Blauvelt if you want something substantial (jim blauvelt (@jimblauvelt) • Instagram photos and videos
Another great choice is Alexander Bazes (Alexander Bazes (@bazesblades) • Instagram photos and videos)

Jim will most likely make one on request, Alexander is pretty booked so you would have to wait until he makes some but maybe there are even some left from his last batch.

For comparison, the left is from Jim, the right from Alexander.
You can clearly see the different approach 😊
90CE51A0-023D-402B-9921-9423959A2BF8.jpeg

Back