Kitchen Funnies

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomsdotcom

Reaction score
I'm sure being in this industry we all have some interesting stories to tell, or maybe just a few jokes. Thought I would make this thread, since the BOH area gets just about the least love on this forum.

Figure I should start out with a brief experience.
We had a guy who used to work grill, for the sake of this story I'll just call him by his nickname Rojo. He was gifted that name since he is a taller ginger man :]
We needed to make meringue for a S'more dessert. Now Rojo didn't have many years in the industry at this point, and was obviously not a pastry chef. One of the ingredients in the meringue was a couple drops of liquid smoke. For some reason at the time we had a giant jug of liquid smoke, Rojo grabs the jug and asks the Sous "uhh hey, so I got the liquid smoke... but should I like turn it upside down when I open it? I don't want all the smoke to escape". Now if I was the Sous I might have just told him to go for it, other than the fact that the entire kitchen would have smelled of liquid smoke to this day :rofl2:

What funny industry stories do you guys have?

Did you just cook them like normal and use a ring mold? Haha

i just took out yolk, put the white in a cup then poured it into a hot buttered small round staub to cook it in. i just assumed they wanted it fried with crispy edges and all but not flipped so the top side is smooth.

I sometimes wonder if people like that even know what they want. Like having a perfectly medium steak getting sent back for being pink...

Regular asks for Bearnaise without tarragon, every time she's in. Would you like hollandaise? No - I like the Bearnaise but without tarragon. She gets hollandaise. She happy.

IMG_20180413_125310.jpg

Yup. This happened.

It actually is a 40/40/20 blend of short rib, brisket and fat. It's a 10 oz burger and I'm not going to butterfly it. That's ******* stupid.

My most memorable thing is I used to cook seafood risotto for two different table. That two serve risotto from same pan. One table came to kitchen thank for the best risotto ever had. The other table was complaint risotto blend no taste. The most confusing experience ever. After that I tell myself customers never be right.

It actually is a 40/40/20 blend of short rib, brisket and fat. It's a 10 oz burger and I'm not going to butterfly it. That's ******* stupid.
That does sound f-ing delicious though

She lives in Canada. I met her at Niagra Falls; you wouldn't know her

Your customer :D

Nah, the server was being an idiot. I called her into the kitchen she apologized profusely. When I told her that I was going to share her intelligence with the world through social media she was like, "omg NOOOO!" 🤣🤣🤣

Now I have to take a picture of the burger for you guys.

Back