Kitchen knife YouTube channels

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the input, im going to keep those two in mind especially for sharpening! Do you know of anyone doing regular knife reviews aswell by any chance?

I found that it doesn't take long to get disillusioned with most knife review channels. I find this to be true in the EDC/Outdoor (especially true) and kitchen cutlery. All too often there's bias, intended or not, and it is very common that the reviewer has very little time with the knife. They are often, at best, a first impressions commentary more than a review.

For that reason I don't subscribe to any of them any more. I come here and search and/or ask. KKF'ers will give their honest opinions even it goes against the norm and often you get input from people with a good bit of use with the model.

My knife related YT watching is a few vendors and then a couple sharpening guys.

Sorry, I know that doesn't directly answer the question but just something to think about.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment, really appreciate it. I will definitely check them all out!

Also, while I agree with your opinion @HumbleHomeCook, I still find watching people sharpening, chopping or just talking/showing off knives entertaining, and some things tend to come across better when showing them in a video rather than writing about them…

But you are right, I have definitely felt the YouTubers bias shape my own opinions before!

I'm pretty sure @DrEriksson is https://www.youtube.com/@korvid. Mostly silent cutting videos of custom knives made by Swedes. Not really reviews per se but you get to see and hear how they perform. Here's his video on the Lars Källgren chonky little cleaver.

Thanks for the shout out. It is indeed my channel.

I started the channel since I found lots of sharpening videos being way too long. My goal was to have the videos be straight to the point. I also decided to go low effort in favor of making it difficult to record. Everything is first take.

After getting more into custom knives I found it frustrating that it was so difficult to get a feel for custom-knife performance. So with same mantra as with sharpening I started adding silent cutting, which soon became a standardized format for me. It is still difficult to show off knives in such a short video, but I think an experienced viewer can get some insight into how the knives perform. I’m also happy to answer any questions, and would very much like to add other users’ videos to the playlist.

Long explanation no one asked for. ;)

Thanks for the shout out. It is indeed my channel.

I started the channel since I found lots of sharpening videos being way too long. My goal was to have the videos be straight to the point. I also decided to go low effort in favor of making it difficult to record. Everything is first take.

After getting more into custom knives I found it frustrating that it was so difficult to get a feel for custom-knife performance. So with same mantra as with sharpening I started adding silent cutting, which soon became a standardized format for me. It is still difficult to show off knives in such a short video, but I think an experienced viewer can get some insight into how the knives perform. I’m also happy to answer any questions, and would very much like to add other users’ videos to the playlist.

Long explanation no one asked for. ;)
Thank you for taking the time to write this up dr. Since your channel was recommended I have already watched a view videos and honestly I find the silent cutting videos quite pleasing and calming to watch!

Hope you keep your channel going, I definitely subscribed :)

Thank you for taking the time to write this up dr. Since your channel was recommended I have already watched a view videos and honestly I find the silent cutting videos quite pleasing and calming to watch!

Hope you keep your channel going, I definitely subscribed :)
Wait until you get to the videos where Issie is singing the songs of his people!

IMG_5111.jpeg

Back