Kitchen Scores- Post your new gear here

Discussion in 'Whats Cooking? Food, Drink, & Gear' started by Jim, Apr 6, 2011.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Apr 6, 2011 #1

Jim

Jim

Jim

A few recent scores for me-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ______[​IMG]____________

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Apr 6, 2011 #2

rahimlee54

rahimlee54

rahimlee54

What is the second item there and what knives. I am jealous it has been to long since I bought a new knife almost 4 months now.

3. Apr 6, 2011 #3

Jim

Jim

Jim

Haha... the knives are just for scale, sorry, the top one is a Nakiri from Jon and the Deba is an Ichimonji. The second item, if you mean the heavy metal thing is a meat pounder. For beating your cutlets into submission.

4. Apr 6, 2011 #4

Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member

Could also be a tamper for a supersized espresso machine...

5. Apr 6, 2011 #5

Jim

Jim

Jim

That may explain the jitters!

[​IMG]

6. Apr 6, 2011 #6

Kyle

Kyle

Kyle

I picked up a 5 qt enameled dutch oven from World Market last night. It's not as nice as a Le Creuset or anything, but after using a gift card and a $10 off coupon it was only $20 out of pocket so not bad at all. I really wanted an enameled DO but didn't want to drop Le Creuset money, so I guess this was a good compromise.

7. Apr 6, 2011 #7

Jim

Jim

Jim

A very versatile pot!

8. Apr 6, 2011 #8

Dave Martell

Dave Martell

Dave Martell

Forum Founder Professional Craftsman

Jim gets all the nice stuff.

Hey Jim, did I score a steel pan yesterday? :biggrin2:

9. Apr 6, 2011 #9

Jim

Jim

Jim

Nope :( Nothing good enough for you!

10. Apr 6, 2011 #10

Dave Martell

Dave Martell

Dave Martell

Forum Founder Professional Craftsman

Damn :crying:

11. Apr 7, 2011 #11

rysara

rysara

rysara

Oh my heavens. I laughed so hard I woke up my girlfriend. LMAO.
    I should take a picture of the new toys we just got in our kitchen at work. Berkel slicer and a pasta extruder.

12. Apr 7, 2011 #12

festally

festally

festally

The latest thing we (she) got were a set of all-clad pans. They’re nice, but was hoping for something sharper.

13. Apr 7, 2011 #13

monty

monty

monty

I like the multiple holes in the needle of that injector

14. Apr 10, 2011 #14

BertMor

BertMor

BertMor

I got an induction hob! Now I need some pans for it

15. Apr 12, 2011 #15

Craig

Craig

Craig

Yeah, I know. I'm just awful lazy. You have a roaster you recommend? I've seen some that aren't practical for me, my counters are just too cluttered as it is. I'm considering something along these lines: http://www.greenbeanery.ca/bean/cat...home-coffee-roaster-next-generation-p-43.html but haven't made any decisions yet.

Part of the reason my counters are so cluttered is my most recent acquisition, my dehydrator:

[​IMG]

16. Apr 20, 2011 #16

Miles

Miles

Miles

I don't have a picture handy, but I picked up an immersion circulator a couple months ago. That was the last significant equipment addition to my kitchen.

17. May 4, 2011 #17

K-Fed

K-Fed

K-Fed

After five weeks of anticipation mr. FedEx brought me my first Hon deba. A 210 Tanaka kasumi, ground for me, the odd southpaw. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this knife doesn't seem to have any major handle issues, nor any major over/ under grinding. for the cost of the knife it seems to be an amazing value. I'm going to have a hard time justifying purchasing somthing other than a tanaka for busy kitchen use. the ura side of the knife came flattened making this knife amazingly easy to sharpen. maybe 10 min total to put a push cutting paper edge with my 2 jnat setup.

18. May 6, 2011 #18
    These all aren't equipment-related scores, but scores nevertheless.

First. Two citrus trees for the kitchen (Meyer Lemon and Calamondin). That calamondin has about 150 blooms on it right now, and smells great.

[​IMG]

Second. Sampler pack from Pepper Passion with some Hawaiian Red Sea Salt too. Pepper Passion was in an earlier thread at KKF.

[​IMG]

Third. Two smallish, end-grain cutting boards; a 270 Yoshihiro Yanigiba from JKI; and a Miyabi parer via another forum member. In the background there is also a new 7.5 qt Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I bought from a tip on Rockbox's forum I think. It was an amazing price. Used it for the first time tonight.

Oh yeah, don't forget the 5 liter bottle of 2008 Efeste Jolie Bouche from Yakima Valley, WA. It is also a most excellent score.

k.

[​IMG]

19. May 6, 2011 #19

steeley

steeley

steeley

GoogleFu San

Nice stuff but who owns the helicopter.:helicop:

20. May 6, 2011 #20
    I knew someone was going to bring that up. That helicopter is mine. It is solar powered, so the rotor turns when the sun shines on it. Kids love it too obviously.

Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/3cz9mus

k.

21. May 6, 2011 #21
    Damn Drinky, you have been loading up. And you already got a parer out of your "Which parer?" thread? How do you like Miyabi so far? Where did you get the small endgrains from?

22. May 6, 2011 #22
    Loading up = unexpected tax return.

I like the parer so far, but it has really only been tested on a couple of pounds of strawberries and is still with its box edge (+ some stropping). The boards came from Green River Woods off of etsy. The top two are thin boards, so I will see how they stand up to warping/cracking over time. I take care of them pretty well though.

k.

23. May 6, 2011 #23

Jim

Jim

Jim

Sweet! Nice score.

24. May 6, 2011 #24
    Like you and some other people mentioned in another thread, it would be nice to have some small/thin endgrains around for small jobs and other people to use. I don't have the space to leave a massive board setup all the time, so sometimes it would be nice to have some smaller and more maneuverable boards available.

25. May 6, 2011 #25

heirkb

heirkb

heirkb

Is the discounted price still available for the Le Creuset? How'd you get it?

26. May 7, 2011 #26
    I bought mine at J&R for something insane. If I remember correctly it was around $170-180 (regularly $280). The Kiwi color is cheaper now because I think they are discontinuing it. You can still get it $20 cheaper, but it isn't that much of a discount really.

k.

27. May 8, 2011 #27

EdipisReks

EdipisReks

EdipisReks

i got my Shigefusa the other day, but i also received a Windmuehlenmesser carbon paring knife, today. it's going to be for my girlfriend to use whenever she cooks at my apartment, but it's pretty nice! takes a nice edge very quickly, it's very thin, and it feels good in the hand. i think i like it better than my Shun parer, and i like my Shun parer (though i don't use it much).

28. May 9, 2011 #28

Tristan

Tristan

Tristan

off topic, but your fridge makes me think of alton brown. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program

29. May 22, 2011 #29

stereo.pete

stereo.pete

stereo.pete

Founding Member

Hey everybody,

After I broke down three chickens with my Wustorf I decided to invest in a Fujiwara FKM 150mm boning knife and for my Father-in-Law for Father's day I picked up a Fujiwara FKM 270mm Sujihiki. The following are pictures of these two recent purchases and I just wanted to share them with you all. Thanks for looking :wink: .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Pete

30. May 22, 2011 #30
    Sweet knives. I've been looking at a honesuki too lately. I hope your father-in-law likes it. Or was this one of those purchases where you justify buying a knife and trying it out in the guise of a gift ;)

k.