KIYA Nihonbashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdpx

Reaction score
Hello knife people

I haven't been on here for a while, but my girlfriend just got back from a weekend in Japan, and gave me a small present from a shop called KIYA [according to the wrapping], which turned out to be a very small and cheap fish descaler.

Now I am pretty certain that she has bought me some kind of knife and is hiding it to give me for a christmas present...

Anyone know much about KIYA?

I have no idea what to expect. Hoping for something nice and carbon but really no idea what she might have bought me or even whether it is a shop that will sell good knives or what the deal is... I am sure whatever it is will be lovely.

Robert

Kiya's a famous brand. If i am informed correctly, its up there with masamoto and aritsugu in popularity. I think any knife you get from them should have very nice fit & finish. (Though, i have never used one in person. Only seen them in high end department stores)

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I bought my yo shig from them. Took about a year but they have an arrangement with shigefusa to market co branded yo versions I believe, it's one of the few places to get a yo shig any more..

I had a Japanese friend deal with them but I am looking forward to visiting their store in january!

Thanks guys - I wonder what it will be?!!?
(assuming I am guessing right of course)

How exciting.

R

Back