• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kiya Shigefusa Yanagiba Kasumi 300mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam92

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got this not long ago, new knife old stock, Shigefusa under Kiya brand. I always hear people want the Shigefusa, now I know why! Amazing looking 😍😍😍

I would like to get 1100 USD including shipping. Let me know if you want more photo or details. thank you 🙏 😊
tempImageU0N0yZ.png
tempImage3fxpt8.png
tempImageP5bEAQ.png
tempImageLqJEGb.png
tempImageOwglGM.png
tempImageQHBFMI.png
tempImageHqXEHM.png
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG

Last edited:
Price drop 950$ including shipping.

Pump~ feel free to send me a pm, you might surprise what offer I do only for today🤪🤪

Can someone please tell me my price is not reasonable enough for a new shigefusa? Seems like not much people looking for kasumi shigefusa yanagiba at the moment. I compare to other seller post, I thought shigefusa is very famous here, try to get fund but seems like not an easy job to do it 😥😥
D1F98A7C-697D-44E0-AF66-4FB1FD23C79F.png

I'd guess it's just that it's a yanagiba. That's a pretty specialized blade to go into for the "2nd best kind of Shig" (kasumi) especially from an outsource brand. If this was a kitaiji or any kind of gyuto, it would have sold in seconds.

I'd guess it's just that it's a yanagiba. That's a pretty specialized blade to go into for the "2nd best kind of Shig" (kasumi) especially from an outsource brand. If this was a kitaiji or any kind of gyuto, it would have sold in seconds.
I see, unlucky the one I have is not kitaeji😢😢 Maybe I was in the bad timing to sell this knife while not many people looking for shigefusa kasumi yanagiba. I guess I just have to be patient until potential buyer pop up. 😎

It's still a Shig, it should sell at some point. I have no idea what a fair price for it would be - given that such things are market-driven anyway.

Looking at various websites, I see 300m kasumi shigs listed new around 800 to 1000 mostly (there are a couple listed at 500-600 but since all of these are out of stock, those are probably just very old listings). So your price is probably around reality.

It is rebranded as well so it probably plays a factor.

It's still a Shig, it should sell at some point. I have no idea what a fair price for it would be - given that such things are market-driven anyway.

Looking at various websites, I see 300m kasumi shigs listed new around 800 to 1000 mostly (there are a couple listed at 500-600 but since all of these are out of stock, those are probably just very old listings). So your price is probably around reality.
Fortunately shigefusa knife hold the value & increase value every year, So I don't have to worry about not being able to sell the knife🤔🤔

It is rebranded as well so it probably plays a factor.
I heard from a Taiwan master grate collector, the guy own heeps of rarest knives told me Shigefusa use to OEM to Kiya brand, & Kiya shigefusa actually have better F&F control than original shigefusa, As Kiya brand selling higher price to they customer. I think to those who’s know the history will know the Kiya shigefusa .😬😬

Arizona has had a few for pretty cheap. I almost picked them up because Shig kasumi at that price....but I have no purpose for a yanagi and I feel like most don't unless they make a lot of sushi at home or work at a sushi restaurant

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1037226/
Yanagiba are good slicer not only for sushi ,so you actually missed a chance to get one for a pretty lame excuse 😅

It would be hard to imagine consistently better F&F than Shig. They are pretty good at that.
I’m not sure about that as well, only thing I know is my rarely to see Kiya brand shigefusa, I guess just have to wait until someone who’s looking for yanagiba for collection 😬😬

Haha I have so many big and thin gyuto I use for slicing as well. Maybe next time though
If you haven’t use yanagiba to slicing, you can’t tell the difference between single & double bevel, is totally different joyful when using yanagiba😎😎

Back