Kiyomitsu gyuto on japan-tool

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyutorific

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this 240mm gyuto on Japan Tool but I cannot find out much about it beyond the description on the page.

KM%20gyuto240-2.jpg

http://www.japan-tool.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_79&products_id=475

Does anyone here know anything about these knives? Recommended?

There's nothing in the description regarding the thickness/weight/grind/etc.

I've previously ordered knives from the site and have never been disappointed, though these days it's next to impossible to have a correspondence as the guy who runs it is just too overwhelmed with emails to respond to questions.

Judging by it being a "JT Original" I guess it's not totally surprising that I can find nothing else online about the maker (there is a "Morihei Kiyomitsu" on some other sites, but he's from Gifu and the JT Kiyomitsu knifemaker is from Tosa, Kouchi -- totally different part of Japan). EDIT: I see that the name Kiyomitsu is not the actual name of this JT knifemaker, rather, the knife series is named after a famous blade call Kiyomitsu. The maker appears to be somewhat anonymous).

Appreciate any help.

James

Last edited:
I dont have any personal experience with this knife but just did the currency conversion and for a little over 300 us dollars after shipping, doesn't sound too bad.

Back