Quantcast

Kiyoshi Kato 240 Standard Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

GorillaGrunt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap hadn’t been on here in a bit and just saw this, sure looks like a green scrubbie or something, definitely didn’t look like that when I had it! it must have rusted-rusted for someone, it got some patina with me but came right off with simichrome. That’s sucky especially since almost anything that happens to a knife is fixable

labor of love

Reaction score
Oh wait, we’re talking about the knife! Yeah I dunno wassup with that.

Tristan

Reaction score
Would be a nice component of passarounds to have received and shipped photos as part of the process... my 2 cents

tgfencer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I wanted to let everyone know that there is going to be another delay. The current member with the knife has experienced some sudden, urgent medical problems within his family that have called him away from home. I ask everyone to be patient and considerate. Hopefully all goes well for him.

To the handful of participants left who have been patiently waiting for their turn, thanks for being understanding. Once things get moving again, I hope everyone will get their chance soon enough.

tgfencer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve sent the member a message requesting an update and am waiting on a reply.

jimmy_d

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Sorry I was MIA when my turn came up - it was months ago at this point. Life just got a bit crazy with covid, 2 young kids, work, etc. Honestly I forgot I was even in this! Just reading through the thread and it looks like the Kato has been on quite the journey.

tgfencer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The knife has now moved on to @slickmamba and hopefullly we should get to the last few folks on the passaround here in the next month or so.

Again, thanks for the patience everyone has shown. I personally appreciate that we can all show such understanding for a fellow forumite who’s been through a tough time. Cheers everyone.