Kiyoshi Kato 27cm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx for answer guys!

this is scratches from thinning on stones?

to Von blewitt:
how much height at the heel in mm?

thx

Yes

d87500a8a3cf6dccb3b92dcf17fff21c5f4f0d142493821_zpscdcc47ff.jpg

Here too, even though very faint.
That is what I meant that thinning of this thing might get problematic.

kato_zps414cc678.jpg

[if this is katos grind]
Bacause to thin it effectively you have to go over the most thick part which is in the middle of height.

heel_zps47b5800e.jpg

Now whose fault was that?:O

something very similar happened to the tip of my Shig, today, when i got distracted and knocked the tip agains the side of the stone. it's all fixed, now. and better than it was, as the tip had gotten kinda high, and this was a good excuse to fix it.

Mainaman it was well altogether too much bashing I suppose.

The heelest chip was my friend who just took the knife to cut one sausage and when putting it down, bashed the heel off.

The rest is on me. When chopping maybe?:yammer:

Josh, I am not rough on my knivez at all. :spiteful:

But they are tools.

something very similar happened to the tip of my Shig, today, when i got distracted and knocked the tip agains the side of the stone. it's all fixed, now. and better than it was, as the tip had gotten kinda high, and this was a good excuse to fix it.

I think I chipped all possible parts of Shig already. Maybe not the heel.:rofl2:
No big deal. ;)

The chip around 8cm from the tip actually helped me flattening the edge profile near the tip, where it turns upwards quite a bit in a new Shig.

Latest posts

Back