KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpest cleavers EVER coming soon!

edit for feeling like a dxck: I’m just a filthy casual, hiscleavers will be sharper than mine. Quickly.

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing, I was reminded of an interview with General Stanley McChrystal I read recently. When asked about which qualities make a good leader, he said the first is self-discipline.

"The second is the ability to make a decision with uncertainty. I’ve struggled with years as to whether that is born or developed. I remember asking my father, “How do you tell who’s going to be good in combat?” I was just a brand-new lieutenant asking the old soldier’s wisdom. He said, “Who can make decisions in combat.” I said, “Well, how do you know?” He says, “Until you’re in combat, you don’t know.”

"You can tell, as he described, a person who’s trying to drive uncertainty to zero will keep asking for more information. They’ll try to get to mitigate all of the uncertainty out, and of course that’s impossible. Some people just have the ability to live with not having perfect knowledge, and yet, they can accept that and still make decisions decisively."

Flap disc grinder or GTFO!

#Amirite

Always choose the right tools for the job

IMG_20211212_100414.jpg

But what if I used a honing rod already? And what if I used a dry stone? How many passes? Do you like to do your passes hard and fast or soft and slow?

giggity
Use dry vodka with the stone, if you used the honing rod, the blade is allready ruined, the vodka works there too. And just go with one firm pass, don't go to excited with it so you won't be exposed 😁

But what if I used a honing rod already? And what if I used a dry stone? How many passes? Do you like to do your passes hard and fast or soft and slow?

giggity
1551 This is starting to feel. like a couple of other threads I've been reading. 😂

I have no idea what is going on 🧐

... and I feel so lonely... 😢

Back