KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I shipped my first package to Canada today. It was dead simple and I now feel bad for leaving non-US folks out of my past sales. I imagined sending international was much more involved.

It isn't. Like, at all.

The form you have to fill out, and yep, you can even still get it there at the Post Office and use an actual pen, is about a third of piece of paper. Receiver's info, your info, what's in the box and how much.

That's it.

Other carriers may be different but USPS was no big deal.

How much was it?

QUESTION:

Is anyone here planning to buy a blade or more for their "significant other" for Valentine's Day???

If so...

Please tell us ALL THE DETAILS about your ingenious plans.

Should make for fun conversation:

reaction Popcorn - kenan-thompson.gif

I ordered a Valentines gift from Paris after my Herders had entered customs in NYC, and the 🎁 arrived at my house before the damned knives had left customs.

I watched all the Kaiseki Jon videos the other night and tried the Japanese grip. I now find myself naturally doing this, having all wa handled knives, and I wondered why it was so familiar. I realized that’s it’s the same grip you use with handsaws and smaller electric drills. It really is more ergonomic.

Now where’s my Mr miyagi headband?

I also found myself (due to the weight) with a strong urge to tap chop with the new kamagata which was fun until I realized what it’d do to the edge. So now where can I find an even heavier nakiri than a Toyama? Am I destined for wabisabi land? 🥲

The moment in the pre-surgery discussion when the surgeon tells you he's going to fix a problem with your heart you didn't know you had.

I should probably note that this was already heart surgery for atrial fibrillation and he suddenly told me I had atrial flutter as well.

Get ink just so you can get tattoo removal. It's so much more expensive and painful than the actual tattoos, therefore more bad ***

Back