KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amendment to above statement:

Make that Two (eek maybe it is 3, im sending a lot of sh*+ there for my visit-- hard to keep it all straight) packages descending into Hades.

I just remembered, one of them is a stone (for special adults like us obsessives here) that I scheduled a hand to hand delivery of.

So ill be able to play steel and stones to grant me some sanity on a visit where I'm captive with a sea of nosy family. :D:D:D

The Game of Steel & Stones

As told by sir ch_br, from the land of Lost Angels:

Forgive me all, as the following are abridged rules. I am at an INN awaiting the company of other fellow travelers:
  1. Level up in life to start making decent gold each month
  2. Learn to make various foods from scratch from all sorts of people, chefs, jobs, traveling quests, etc.
  3. Acquire starter steel and sharpen it because it won't cut your fresh farmers produce well
  4. Fall in love with sharpened knives because they make meal quests shorter
  5. Run out of steel to sharpen and realize your steel is meh or sh*++y, at best
  6. Start learning about knives and slowly amass an armory that could supply half a brigade
  7. With better knives come exotic steels of fabled construction techniques and materials from far away mythical lands
  8. Import steel from these increasingly exotic far far away lands
  9. When learning of these distant lands you discover interesting food and take side quests to make said foods
  10. In turn acquire stones from the ancestral lands of exotic knives because they are the ways of ancient bushido warriors
  11. Barter and swap: Stones and Steel and all manner of Tales with fellow travelers and adventurers who also adventure on quests to gather stones and steel
  12. With better steel and stones come increasing complicated quests to make better foods
  13. Eating the delicious food from these quests grants high XP points to fuel you in greater, more complicated, and more expenaice Steel and Stone Questing

Eventually this causes you to run on an infinite loop from steps 7-13 above...

This is still as fun as the original quest you embarked upon because you never stop learning and meeting other interesting, funny, obsessive, recluse, outgoing, fellow travelers inside Life's Game of Steel & Stones...

Last edited:

So what you're saying is the series finale is on the horizon...I rather enjoyed your humorous lamentations.

That's the good/bad thing about restaurants, there'll always be something to scratch your head about. Employees, customers, customers kids that should be tripped "on accident" when they run around the dining room....

12 sticks butter

2.5c sugar

Beat that **** into submission. Seriously. You want it white and fluffy

6 eggs, beaten in, one at a time.

1tbp lemon extract

1tsp vanilla extract

Juice of half a lemon

1tsp baking soda

1tsp salt

Just until combined.

3c flour

I, personally, chill everything I bake at least an hour before baking.

Zest that half lemon you squeezed, and sprinkle it across the cake about 15min into baking, and a little sugar too, if you’re up for it.

I use a fluted Bundt pan, at 350. I check it at 45min and go from there.

If you put icing on this, know that I consider you a heathen who deserves nothing good in life. Just sayin.

xoxo

Bill
This morning journey into this cake begins!

Pardon the interruption, but Chicago customs did a thing and this unexpectedly showed up
BB9EF629-9F97-45BF-B26D-FA44FDDB26D5.jpeg

Back