KKF Massdrop IV - 田中義一 🇯🇵

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reactions: ian
I don't think the issue is his ability to pump out blades, considering his output across vendors. I think its getting his blades into the right sharpeners to finish them.
It's not about his ability to pump them out or even finding a sharpener, It's about getting that many more added to the mass drop so I have a chance at one!

I found this post really inspiring:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/shig-kasumi-diy.48364/
But obviously he's going the wrong direction. What do you guys think?
nakirilol.jpg

Woooo! Thanks to the organizers, you guys put up with an incredible amount of BS to bring us the goods.
FTFY :p

Nah in all seriousness, great work again!
It's cool to see you guys got this figured out ever since the Dalman drop and 'use' it to realize things that weren't very likely to happen otherwise.
I've seen other group buys where people got a better deal for a standard product because they bought 50 at once, but this is something else.

Oh great, I get covid and spend weeks in bed and the worst part is now that I've completely missed this whole thread o_O

Will be watching eagerly as these unfold!

Oh great, I get covid and spend weeks in bed and the worst part is now that I've completely missed this whole thread o_O

Will be watching eagerly as these unfold!
Sorry to hear that man...you can take my spot if you want to, I'm solidly middle of the pack at about #50 :p:p

On the bright side we all have extra ~800$ to spend on knives.

We need to get a “Birth of a Tool” Video made for Tanaka-San and the unnamed artisans in this Massdrop

UPDATE

we are looking at two top sharpeners to work on the knives. Both legendary

While we cannot name them now, we will be able to name them once the knife is finished

One of them will complete the test knife

What do you guys think of a pass-around with that?

We should have that test knife completed hopefully in the next two weeks for pics and hopefully a pass-around

We will have to organize a pass around if we can

UPDATE

While we cannot name them now, we will be able to name them once the knife is finished

We should have that test knife completed hopefully in the next two weeks for pics and hopefully a pass-around

If that’s something everyone is down for..? I would love to get my hands on it.

UPDATE

Yes please. If its coming to the EU. Bagsy 1st slot.

PA’s usually take a little time to work down the list. I’m good waiting for my actual knife to arrive and starting the PA with the top of the waitlist.

Plus what if the PA knife grind cuts just a little better than your actual knife. Could you live knowing there is a better one floating around?! I don’t want to chase that ghost :)

PA’s usually take a little time to work down the list. I’m good waiting for my actual knife to arrive and starting the PA with the top of the waitlist.

Plus what if the PA knife grind cuts just a little better than your actual knife. Could you live knowing there is a better one floating around?! I don’t want to chase that ghost :)
You can always live with the fact, depending on the size of the pass around, it might end up losing 3mm (give or take) in height by the end 😐

Sorry guys for the quiet period - lots of waiting!!!!!

UPDATE:

GOOD NEWS!

THE SHARPENER IS IDENTIFIED

BAD NEWS!

HE CAN ONLY MAKE 4 or 5 KNIVES A MONTH - so patience is the name of the game

HE IS JAMMED WITH WORK AND PRE-EXISTING COMMITMENTS

GOOD NEWS!

WE ARE ABLE TO IDENTIFY THE SHARPENER

REALLY REALLY BAD NEWS!

IT IS NOT SHI.HAN

REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD NEWS:

M Y O J I N