KKF Massdrop IV - 田中義一 🇯🇵

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 2.50.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 2.50.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 2.49.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 2.41.49 AM.png

1653810272628.png

Last edited:
みなさん、こんにちは !
It’s finally time to open the sign-ups.

HERE IS IMPORTANT INFO AND HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ORDERS:
please read this and then read it again

I’m serious, read it again!

Here is a recap of the knife specifications:

Knife: Tanaka Yoshikazu Ao 1 Wrought Iron Custom - Wa Gyuto

Size: 225mm <or> 250mm
Construction: Aogami #1 core with Wrought Iron Cladding
Grind: Sakai Workhorse, Extra Height

ESTIMATED Pricing: ~ 800 USD
*subject to variance due to exchange rate, shipping, etc.

PLEASE NOTE – THESE ARE PRICES FROM STRATA PORTLAND AND DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING OR CUSTOMS TO YOU
please calculate accordingly

Shipping & Payment:

Conducted with our partner Evan of Strata Portland

Further details and "how to's" will come closer to payment time/project completion date

//

With that, I’d like to open the signups!

Here's how they will work:

Please message me (
@nakiriknaifuwaifu) your information in this
~ E X A C T ~format:

I'm serious about the format guys. Especially the title. Copy and paste this stuff, text goes where the carrots are (please delete them first)
I get 100+ PMs when these open, keeping things uniform minimize mistakes on my end.

//

Title of message: "ORDER - Tanaka Massdrop"

Region (NA/EU/APAC): <type region here>
Size:
First Choice: <enter size you want here>

Second Choice: <enter size you want here OR "none">

//

EXAMPLE:

View attachment 180924

//

INFO ON SELECTION: All participants will be randomly ordered using the truly random noise of the universe (random.org)

Then, to choose sizes, I will go through the list in order:

If your 1st choice size is available you will be assigned that size.
If your 1st choice size is not available but your second size choice is available you will be assigned your 2nd choice size.
If your 1st choice size is not available and you answered "none" to the Second Choice selection (above) your spot will be placed at the end of the participant list.

This way, you don't have to use eldritch level statistical analyses to maximize your chances of getting a knife in the size you want.
You will only receive one knife if selected.

We will fill as many spots as there are knives.
The remaining participants will be placed on a waitlist in the order that they were drawn.

Edit: As has been the case with all previous drops, I am limiting entrants to folks who signed up to KKF before the thread start date to prevent people from creating profiles to skew the drawing (i.e. fake profiles, inviting friends to make accounts on KKF on one's behalf, etc.).

If you are selected, please treat this as ordering a custom knife (because that’s what this is!). We understand if there are circumstances forcing you to withdraw your order - it's still COVID time and that's what the waitlist is for - but for all other cases please try your best to adhere to the honor system.

We will send out posts confirming payment details when the project nears completion.
Please stay posted for further details.

Thank you,
NKW, @RockyBasel, @Smashmasta

:dancingcow:

~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT~
SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE MONDAY MAY 30TH 11:59 PM CST
(Central Standard Time: GMT -6)

Results will be made available shortly thereafter!
Please continue to follow this thread for further updates and cool videos!
My posts are the colorful ones - easy to find and easy to read!
Thank you all for your support so far!

A note about deadlines:
As you may know - this isn't my (NKW's) dayjob. Running massdrops is a labor of love, and while I'm happy to run it, it demands quite a bit of time. Please do be mindful of the updates and deadlines as they keep the project on track; for that reason they are final. Thank you.
Hi all,
There are approximately 12 more hours left before I close this drop (11:59 PM, Central Standard Time).
There is still time to sign up; instructions are in the post above. Please follow the instructions, and feel free to copy and paste the PM format.

Thanks for the tremendous amount of interest so far.
NKW

Hi all,
There are approximately 12 more hours left before I close this drop (11:59 PM, Central Standard Time).
There is still time to sign up; instructions are in the post above. Please follow the instructions, and feel free to copy and paste the PM format.

Thanks for the tremendous amount of interest so far.
NKW
@coffeelover191919 don't miss your chance! Messaged you for good measure also.

You can read thru this entire mass drop thread. TLDR, he likes to try and jump in way late, after having plenty of opportunities to join, and has trouble understanding why others laugh at him for doing so.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/massdrop-for-kkf.50309/page-21#post-775465

Ha! This is brilliant! I didn’t realize it was recurring thing for him. I knew about the Kamon MD where he chimed in 2 days after the deadline.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/massdrop-iii-kamon.54991/page-22#post-864151

Back