KKF selling process

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danemonji

Reaction score
Hi
I was reading the other day an older posting of an kkf member who bought a kato 240 and it had a severe flaw. The buyer found out about that, only upon receiving the package and already too late. He had to turn the knife into a sujihiki...perhaps some of you remember.
This made me think about the selling process...can anyone explain me how this is done?
Is it all based on good will or is there a way for a buyer to return the package if it's not matching description or it is damaged. Is there a way to pay upon delivery via any of the delivery companies....after inspecting that you received the item and all is fine.
Looking forward to some answers
Thanks

This looks good....the buyer/seller pay pal. What is the cost for setting such a transaction? And according to bst rules the seller should cover the pay pal expense right?

I think its a requirement for ALL purchases to be made via Paypal. Obviously no one is policing this policy so ultimately it's between the 2 parties. I have made a couple of BST purchases where the knife received was not as pictured or described, or found to be bent. In both cases the (established) sellers were very easy to work with although I ended up being out of pocket for the return shipping. Probably fair.

I wouldn't buy a knife without the protection of Paypal. Photos don't always tell the full story.

The same thing - only different.

I'll frequently make an offer that includes sending fund f/f. Have not been refused or burned yet.
?????? So OK for buyer to ask but not seller? Just trying to understand.
"PayPal's rules of use specifically prohibit the seller asking for a buyer to cover PP fees AND also prohibit requesting F/F payments to avoid those fees.

BST ads will comply with PP Rules or be taken down."

I prefer to trust everyone until I have reason not to. I think the vast majority of people are good and will do the right thing. It is a very rare occasion that I do not send funds via PayPal friends and family when making a purchase on here. I have yet to be disappointed and have bought dozens of knives and stones. Many may think I'm foolish for this and I'm sure one day I'll get burned but it will be money well spent for not having to go through life feeling like I'm about to be screwed. I treat this place like a community of friends and am better off for it, at least for now.

?????? So OK for buyer to ask but not seller? Just trying to understand.
"PayPal's rules of use specifically prohibit the seller asking for a buyer to cover PP fees AND also prohibit requesting F/F payments to avoid those fees.

All the risk is on the buyer’s end if they do a F&F transaction, so if the buyer proposes it, why not save a couple bucks.

The rule is there, I assume, to prevent sellers from inducing the buyer from taking on the risk. This makes sense to me.

?????? So OK for buyer to ask but not seller? Just trying to understand. That would be Yes.

"PayPal's rules of use specifically prohibit the seller asking for a buyer to cover PP fees AND also prohibit Seller requesting F/F payments to avoid those fees. And do not apply to any Buyer initiative.

I've purchased at least 50 knives on B/S/T, and only once did I receive a POS not as advertised. I hashed it out with the seller and we agreed on a partial refund. Every other time, the good people that belong to this forum deliver what they promise. I've made friends here just through knife transactions, and I think there are a lot of long term members and new members that share the same values.

Actually these are PP's rules for using F&F. So it doesn't matter who is the initiator, buyer or seller. But if buyer is happy to take the risk to save a couple $$..... go for it.

"You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services."

Last edited:
Actually these are PP's rules for using F&F. So it doesn't matter who is the initiator, buyer or seller. But if buyer is happy to take the risk to save a couple $$..... go for it.

"You must not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods or services."
Screw PayPal haha

Back