KKF Stickers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly would like to see them look more like the web site logo. That has both western and japanese handled knives, and the gradated text on KKF is a little more interesting. If I had to give up one of those two elements it would be the text gradation. The knives on these proposed stickers say more Bed Bath & Beyond to me than KKF.

(sorry if that was too honest)

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly would like to see them look more like the web site logo. That has both western and japanese handled knives, and the gradated text on KKF is a little more interesting. If I had to give up one of those two elements it would be the text gradation. The knives on these proposed stickers say more Bed Bath & Beyond to me than KKF.

(sorry if that was too honest)
Agreed. @Angie, my “wa wa wa” above was a reference to the lack of japanese (wa) handles, like the lighter one in the usual KKF logo. The overwhelming majority of knives referenced on this site have handles like that.

But whatever, really. All the logos do look good.

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Thanks for that information about the handles and being able to tell the difference. Keep on posting what you think. This thread will be shown to designer for artwork tweaking.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I can send out personal thank you "graphics" if you like... Just a thought... I have a lot of free time.

M1k3

Reaction score
I like the actual forum logo better than these. They aren't bad, just, not as good. #2 does have the better look though.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Sorry. But these are trash. They do not represent anything, whatsoever that is talked about in any single thread on this forum...other than ugliest knife.
This. Knives pictured are from Wally World.

A lot went into selecting the knives for the current site logo. And you've got the artwork. Don't need to re-invent the wheel.

And pls lose the little smiley face cleaver.

Do like the sticker idea though.

bkultra

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Perhaps a classic French sabatier and an iconic Japanese knife like the Masamoto KS? Very similar if not identical profiles for symmetry, different handles showing the evolution.

Yes I understand that I'm biased.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. Knives pictured are from Wally World.

A lot went into selecting the knives for the current site logo. And you've got the artwork. Don't need to re-invent the wheel.
Agree 10000%. And I think someone made the graphics available to me years back when I set up WildBoar's Kitchen to help out David Smith at a cooking and entertainment show. I was able to get a box of business-card-sized take-aways printed using with the logo.

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not like the knives pictured at all - handles not representative of the knives we see and like around here. A standard wa and a standard yo (western) would be a reasonable choice - much like the current logo. Wouldn't like the western to have a full bolster either. Like @daveb, I don't think we need the smiley cleaver.

Nemo

Staff member
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I agree- it needs pictures of nice knives and could lose the cleaver. Otherwise, I like option #2.

Michi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with getting rid of the smiley face cleaver too. Maybe change the font to a light grey (fade)?
What can I say, I keep looking at the original :)
Round the corners on the original, and you'll have a pretty good-looking sticker. I do like the brighter and more saturated blue of the new ones though.

Angie, you must have the patience of an angel to even invite comments! You do realise that, in the end, the number of people who will think that this is just what they would have done will be very close to zero, don't you? ;)

Kgp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of good ideas, but how big is the sticker going to be and where are we supposed to stick it?

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better executed concept:
  • Masamoto KS & Sabatier (sorry @Marek07... full bolster :()
  • No cleaver
  • Knives too close in colour - probably need the white shadows
  • Correct globe location :p
  • Wrong font (dont know what the original is)
  • Very slight fade from white to light, light grey on the text
  • Very slight background gradient

kkf_concept_sticker_1.png