KKF Stickers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angie, I have the original logo in *.png format if you want it. It may need tweaking to fit on specific sticker proportions, but it is the logo on the web site, and it would make sense to keep the logo consistent.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Warming to it. That's a KSab right?

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Angie, I have the original logo in *.png format if you want it. It may need tweaking to fit on specific sticker proportions, but it is the logo on the web site, and it would make sense to keep the logo consistent.
Please send it to me. angie@groupbuilder.com I'll talk with owner about it and also show him this thread for all the comments.

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised there was no mention of the oceania-centric globe position. I was deliberately being cheeky :D. I did make one that approximates the original view:

kkf_concept_2.png

The original is a nice design. That said, I do like @bkultra's idea of changing the yanagiba to a gytuo profile (yanagibas users make up a small portion of the community). I also think @panda's idea of a patch is pretty nice!

Marek07

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Luftmensch - Nice design! I can accept a full bolster, particularly for a Sabatier alongside the Masamoto KS. As @bkultra said, "similar if not identical profiles for symmetry, different handles showing the evolution." As long as we lose the handles (and the cleaver) in the first graphic presented. As you've foreshadowed, I think the globe's position you chose will probably be challenged.

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you've foreshadowed, I think the globe's position you chose will probably be challenged.

I am certain it will. I made the second one (original position) first... But then I thought I would stir the pot a little... :D all in jest

Michi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am certain it will. I made the second one (original position) first... But then I thought I would stir the pot a little... :D all in jest
All we need to do is wait long enough. With a little luck, eventually, the rotational axis of the Earth will change sufficiently, or continental drift will position Australia over the South Pole. Then we can proudly proclaim that the whole Earth revolves around Down Under :)

Angie

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Round the corners on the original, and you'll have a pretty good-looking sticker. I do like the brighter and more saturated blue of the new ones though.

Angie, you must have the patience of an angel to even invite comments! You do realise that, in the end, the number of people who will think that this is just what they would have done will be very close to zero, don't you? ;)
Yes, I know I'll be surprised if two people have exactly the same view on it. But, there is good information being given.

Orange Yolks

Reaction score
I like what @Luftmensch has done above here the most so far.

Why don't we take it a step further and make the gyuto a Watanoma... I mean, if it's going to represent and all. Or it could be a Denka and you could make a ring around the globe out of the letters TF repeating. I'm joking of course. Nice work to all above.

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it could be a Denka and you could make a ring around the globe out of the letters TF repeating. I'm joking of course.
Smart! I’ll work on a few sketches trying to capture the bends in the spine, the low spots, and cracks in the handles. ;)

M1k3

Reaction score
Smart! I’ll work on a few sketches trying to capture the bends in the spine, the low spots, and cracks in the handles. ;)
As long as the Wa handle looks pretty good and the Yo handle one looks like a one armed monkey made it on it's first day.

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Earth shots are cool. I like having a SB Yanagiba as one of the knives. The other a gyuto.

Japanese SB are the ultimate in sharpness.

Xenif

Reaction score
Oh come on someone put a nakiri in there (runs out of room before getting stabbed)

Special gold trimed foil stickers for founding members and mods might be cool

ian

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, maybe the top one needs to be kurouchi! That contrast is dope. I'm a fan.

M1k3

Reaction score
Special versions for each member!