KKF Tabacalera

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aporigine

The slow blade penetrates the winter squash
Reaction score
Since I’m still a noob (but since I’ve seen threads for other genteel vices such as exalted alcohol) I’m gonna have a go at starting a thread focusing on tobacco, especially the cigar.

Right now I’m slowly consuming an Oliva serie G robusto. It is a shockingly delicious smoke! I’m getting sweet and spicy flavors that I can only describe as being very much like nitroglycerin. (Yes; I had an interesting adolescence that equipped me to know exactly how (and how yummy) nitroglycerin tastes. (Followed by a wicked but brief headache!)

This stick (Oliva serie G robusto; 4.5x50
is part of a sampler I purchased, and it is handily exceeding my expectations! It is sweet and balanced and is taking me to a spot in flavor phase space that is new to me. Til now I thought I was a maduro fan … but this stick is a game changer. It rewards my very slow smoking style by staying lit, and with an even burn, for minutes between draws. Ok enough kvelling; here’s the pic not yet halfway through.

IMG_4262.jpeg

In my younger Days, and when the prices were better !. I kept a fair quantity
on hand in a DIY Humidor. In preference & numbers smoked.
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature
Excaliber IV
Hoya De Monteray Sultans
Punch Grand Cru
Now days I stick to my Pipes, unit cost of the weed is way cheaper!!

In my younger Days, and when the prices were better !. I kept a fair quantity
on hand in a DIY Humidor. In preference & numbers smoked.
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature
Excaliber IV
Hoya De Monteray Sultans
Punch Grand Cru
Now days I stick to my Pipes, unit cost of the weed is way cheaper!!
That Hemingway was my gateway drug.
I’m smoking my way through an Oliva assortment and finding gem upon gem.

Tonight’s smoke is a La Aroma de Cuba “Mi Amor” toro (they call it a Magnifico.)

Delightful cigar; I’m half through. Very nice cinnamon/molasses topnotes backed by earth and a pleasant bitterness rather like tonic water. Construction, draw, burn are all very good.

I pored myself a nip of Riazul tequila — it pairs wonderfully.

IMG_4288.jpeg

Back