Knife display stand

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasagna pe

Reaction score
Nothing fancy here, just had some crap timber from a home renovation project so I made a little stand. It's not finish carprentry by any means but ended up being quite useful!

51118209976_bf249c0e33_b.jpg

Several years back a gent posted a pic of his knife storage. If I recall correctly it was a room dedicated to this, and IN the walls were glass display cases filled with glorious-ness. Wish I could find that post. It’s here inSIDE the forum

Several years back a gent posted a pic of his knife storage. If I recall correctly it was a room dedicated to this, and IN the walls were glass display cases filled with glorious-ness. Wish I could find that post. It’s here inSIDE the forum
@DitmasPork posted one of his cousin’s Brazilian BBQ knife cabinet…

Apropos of nothing, but I wanted to mention that I think it’s super neat that most people on this forum, if they happen to own knives that most normies would consider insanely expensive, actually *use* them (versus babying them). Just think it’s kinda neat compared to some other niche interests. I don’t own anything that anybody here would consider exotic and I’m pretty new, so what do I know! 😅

My first selfmade magnetic knife rack!

Specs:
Length: 600mm
With: 70mm
depth: 30mm
Magnets: continuously (no round magnets / no fix positions)
wood: german oak

I will make more knife racks with other woods and better experince in the future. This is only my prototype

Geil! Sehr gut gemacht!

I was fed up with my cheap and ugly magnetic knife rack so i decided to make my own. I had some Ebony off-cuts lying around and used those. It should hold 4-5 knives.
The 12mm x 1mm magnets I ordered were too weak; waiting on 12mm x 6mm now.

NJHyuzn.jpg

Hwcn9Yc.jpg

axOakpH.jpg

K0YGoAE.jpg

wOCjKjZ.jpg

ALEf2C2.jpg

mBwttmg.jpg

UoTTb6N.jpg

It only took 4 months, but I finally got around to finishing the wall rack. The wood is cut from a couple of nice pieces of cherry. I really liked these particular boards for their interesting grain color contrast and features. The uprights are tapered slightly narrower at the top, and the center column has fairly strong magnets just above each of the posts. The magnets are strong enough to feel some pull even through the saya. Each post is covered with a vinyl thread protector. There are spots for 20 knives. Unfortunately quite a few of my handle/saya projects still can't be displayed. I probably should sell some.....but I don't wanna!

20220509_132108.jpg

20220509_175829.jpg

@birdsfan that rack is spectacular. Very, very nicely done. I’m almost as envious of the rack as the contents… almost.

@ChrisCrat yours is very cool as well! I’d love to see it loaded up with the goods!

It only took 4 months, but I finally got around to finishing the wall rack. The wood is cut from a couple of nice pieces of cherry. I really liked these particular boards for their interesting grain color contrast and features. The uprights are tapered slightly narrower at the top, and the center column has fairly strong magnets just above each of the posts. The magnets are strong enough to feel some pull even through the saya. Each post is covered with a vinyl thread protector. There are spots for 20 knives. Unfortunately quite a few of my handle/saya projects still can't be displayed. I probably should sell some.....but I don't wanna!

View attachment 178768

View attachment 178769
beautiful sayas... self made or custom orders? and where pls :D

Back