Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This Catcheside looks pretty wild.

Probably not the right thread, but then I don't know if there is a right thread, just thought it was worth posting somewhere.

Lovely blade, but too much of it and that handle for my liking

Those forged fluted FG gyutos look v. interesting indeed mind

<shakes fist at Migraine for tempting me into looking at Catcheside blades yet again>

Love the blade, just not a fan of that finger thingy
Impressive blade indeed. But why the ricasso???!?!?!??
Has a little Kamon vibe going on with the heat-coloring where the neck enters the handle.

Those forged fluted FG gyutos look v. interesting indeed mind
Agreed! Reminds me of some xerxes with the fullers (though those were ground iirc).

Catcheside is pushing in some cool directions!

Impressive blade indeed. But why the ricasso???!?!?!??
Has a little Kamon vibe going on with the heat-coloring where the neck enters the handle.

Agreed! Reminds me of some xerxes with the fullers (though those were ground iirc).

Catcheside is pushing in some cool directions!
I'm guessing its a custom and thats what was ordered.

I've heard Morihei sells these Katos for 150K Yen in store so the price isn't totally crazy.

Hahaha !
Your funds are more important than my impulse control issue.
This is where you have a serious problem 😅

Hahaha !
Your funds are more important than my impulse control issue.
This is where you have a serious problem 😅

C'est ça !

I find my impulse control issues generally dominate my fear of funds. Fortunately I've got mostly adequate funds and I don't have stupidly expensive hobbies like golf or flying jets or exotic cars. You can, in principle, buy a lot of knives before you can't afford to buy things to cut with them. As opposed to, say, Ferraris or photographic or hi fi equipment.

You know what they say though, you need two Katos to truly compare...

I’m impressed by your turbo acquisition mode and look forward to hearing more,

Well, once it's here, measured and tested, I'll certainly post a mini-review on the new knives thread.

And I've now reached the point where I have enough amazing blades that I want to film a little comparison test between them. I have the Kato on order - should be here this week or early next week if past performance from EMS is anything to go on, and I have a custom from Taylor Edgerton arriving this week as well.

Latest posts

Back