Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah oops I did not mean it like that 😂 😅. I was mainly looking for a beater when I saw the extra height Migaki, not that knives in the price point (or caliber) of said Migaki are what I would consider a beater. I will post my rotation down the line but I plan on keeping them under the wraps for now.
I've been buying a lot of potential beater knives recently, but mainly because my definition of "beater" keeps changing depending on my mood.

I turned a Togashi Honyaki into a beater after promptly bouncing it off a table and onto the floor.
Pics or it didn't happen?
Seriously thats the stuff of nightmares. Was it the Togashi you got from Strata?

Pics or it didn't happen?
Seriously thats the stuff of nightmares. Was it the Togashi you got from Strata?
It actually didn’t do any damage, just a glint on the edge. But it’s all I needed to convince me to use the f@“# out of it after dodging the biggest bullet in the honyaki universe. Frankly I’m shocked it didn’t break in half. Lumo was there and looked like he was about to puke 😂. Sometimes these things remind us what’s more important I guess, or how to turn a honyaki into a beater in perception with a quickness

It actually didn’t do any damage, just a glint on the edge. But it’s all I needed to convince me to use the f@“# out of it after dodging the biggest bullet in the honyaki universe. Frankly I’m shocked it didn’t break in half. Lumo was there and looked like he was about to puke 😂. Sometimes these things remind us what’s more important I guess, or how to turn a honyaki into a beater in perception with a quickness
Bouncing it off the table first may have flattened its trajectory so it landed flat against the floor. Bullet dodged for sure.

Lucky lucky!

I managed to drop my Yoshikane and it landed right on the tip of course. Surprisingly just bent the tip instead of breaking. Instead of grinding it off I just pushed it back into shape so now it’s a little deformed but still works.

Togo has 210 myojin priced $200 lower than 240.
FD2F7D06-F200-4DC9-8F87-D703887ED712.png

Yes and 210 for $510. Homebutcher will probably have another amazing discount sometime though.

The 240 was $398 just before New Years. Now if FedEx would stop dicking around and actually deliver the knife I'd be happy.

Last edited:
Did they have kitaeji santokus in stock? Man I'd like one of those
It was there an hour ago but it seems like it's gone now. those kitaeji sold out quite fast.
It's taking all my mental strength not to buy the kasumi usuba 210mm that just got uploaded :pullinghair:

Latest posts

Back