Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I should post it here, but Yo handled Takada? Please take my money.
7023A3C9-B446-4255-9125-4CE642E3F52D.jpeg

I watched the knifewear livestream where they sold a Shig kasumi 210 gyuto 920CAD in minutes. It's probably worth to keep an eye on them for Shig restock in the future

Normally I prefer a tall nakiri but for some reason the Catcheside works extremely well. Here’s a pic of my nakiri’s/mini cleaver on my kitchen strips today.

A4FFC863-B635-447D-BC8B-819A050B8671.jpeg

The Catcheside is on the left and measures 55mm deep at the heel. There is something about Catcheside’s geometry that allows the blade to cut veges like a demon with very little stiction. The knife is very nicely balanced in a pinch grip. Definitely one of my favourites.

Normally I prefer a tall nakiri but for some reason the Catcheside works extremely well. Here’s a pic of my nakiri’s/mini cleaver on my kitchen strips today.

View attachment 180812

The Catcheside is on the left and measures 55mm deep at the heel. There is something about Catcheside’s geometry that allows the blade to cut veges like a demon with very little stiction. The knife is very nicely balanced in a pinch grip. Definitely one of my favourites.
Thanks in the first pic it looked like a sub 50mm height nakiri for some reason but looking at this it looks great!

Back