Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah now days people start to collect any kind of things 😌 even a prelaminate knife with a average grind ,steel ,etc ...can be a collectable 🤣🤣🤣same value of a kato ...or a fully custom knife 🤣🤣🤣
Someone Facebook was comparing it to a baseball signed by Babe Ruth. To me it's like comparing a vintage Mustang to a vintage Tercel. People were saying it would increase in value over 20 years. My prediction: no one will care in 20 years

TBH Anryu knives are good, especially good for the price, and does have better F&F than some other TKV knives that's been churn out thousands a day, nothing wrong with prelaminate steel, Tanaka use them too. But they are just good, nothing exceptional, HT is very conservative even in TKV, grind is as simple as it can get, it cuts well but that's just that, Ryky blow the whole thing way out of proportion due to the whole old master myth, same with his KS thing. I'm glad he didn't get his hand on a Toyama, the flipping would be unbearable.

TBH Anryu knives are good, especially good for the price, and does have better F&F than some other TKV knives that's been churn out thousands a day, nothing wrong with prelaminate steel, Tanaka use them too. But they are just good, nothing exceptional, HT is very conservative even in TKV, grind is as simple as it can get, it cuts well but that's just that, Ryky blow the whole thing way out of proportion due to the whole old master myth, same with his KS thing. I'm glad he didn't get his hand on a Toyama, the flipping would be unbearable.
Yeah, and by fixating on the old kanji, it doesn't affect the availability/price of the new stuff by his nephew at all, which is identical performance wise.

I’ve had one of the “og” ones. Was nice f&f but way too short for me, to each their own I guess. Sold it for $220

I love how they looks, never had the pleasure to actually use one but based on what I heard they are cutting monsters.

BTW new Apex Ultra MCX coming soon on Modern Cooking

Looking at the specs the 250 MCX seems super impressive, the taper is more aggressive than the 230, no wonder it sold out so fast.
these are handmade items, with(afaik) specs from a single 250 and a single 230. no guarantee all are going to be like that. regardless the specs for the 250 looked very nice.

these are handmade items, with(afaik) specs from a single 250 and a single 230. no guarantee all are going to be like that. regardless the specs for the 250 looked very nice.
Also the specs are copied from the last release, with the denty finish. So I would not take the measurements super seriously.

Back