Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this and had to pull the trigger. I hope more makers bring back mid to heavy weight 270mm workhorses! 54mm and 272 grams, can't wait for it to arrive!
Img_2023_03_28_13_06_20.jpeg

Attachments

• Img_2023_03_28_13_06_20.jpeg
    Img_2023_03_28_13_06_20.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
interesting… not familiar with the knife style. is this supposed to be used as a deba, or a general use thick knife?
More like a double beveled mioroshi Deba, however the grind is really well done it could be use as an all purpose knife. Here’s the grind on mine.
C4AB5966-63C0-4C53-A105-57B92C5F1C5A.jpeg

Last edited:
interesting… not familiar with the knife style. is this supposed to be used as a deba, or a general use thick knife?
Kind of classic fish knife for japanese home kitchen. Excellent heat treatment, raw finish with hammer marks and scratches. Cool knife, a piece of knife history. Glad I've got some of his knives.

I knew that would happen. Lol. I could not find out anything about it anywhere.
Height and length looked great, handle looks good too but it was a little on the light side for my tastes. I’ll wait for a review from the lucky buyer!

Not surprised. If there is even a possibility of being an FM sequel, or spinoff…it’s gone lol
Yep. Although it seems like Tetsujin’s stick around for quite a long time - why is that?

Anyone have a video of how they do handles like the blue one Will Newham did for his upcoming newsletter. I’m not looking to buy, but it seems like a really well-crafted piece of work.

Is it just dyed wood? Kind of looks like a resin of some sort on the off color part. I really don’t know what I’m talking about.

Anyone have a video of how they do handles like the blue one Will Newham did for his upcoming newsletter. I’m not looking to buy, but it seems like a really well-crafted piece of work.

Is it just dyed wood? Kind of looks like a resin of some sort on the off color part. I really don’t know what I’m talking about.

Dyed stabilized wood with resin, yep

These are hybrid resin stabilized wood. Usually it uses uneven pieces like burl ends or ones with large voids. The wood is infused with colored resin, and then the piece is put in a mold and epoxy resin is used to make up the missing large voids. After the piece is cured, then it's shaped just like a normal wood block.

Back