Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like bernal, though agree this is an odd approach... I hope they don't take to this frequently with hard to find knives.

I'm glad it's a 210, as a 240 and I'd be trying to buy it!

Def not a unicorn. The ground off stamped kanji were sold as seconds through 2015. Seems to be the norm now. I’ll always be a big fan of the early Fuji’s - Circa 2014 era.

Def not a unicorn. The ground off stamped kanji were sold as seconds through 2015. Seems to be the norm now. I’ll always be a big fan of the early Fuji’s - Circa 2014 era.

For a working knive the Kanji is irrelevant but westerners think its about 50% of the value of the knive.

I've never followed or tried a Konosuke.. why is this one a unicorn? Who's the actual maker?
The Fujiyama series is somewhat rare. In suminagashi clad makes it even more rare. In Aogami Super is very very rare.
The knives are forged by Yoshikazu Tanaka. The older Fujis were sharpened by Morihiro but they are sharpened by a new sharpener now and the name slips my mind right now.

That's an awesome blade. The site given on this thread could not find English option. Got that it is 230mm 63 hrt. Where is it made, what steel, and is that a real hamon line?

Made in Germany by Jannis Scholz. Mono steel 125Sc carbon, differentially hardened. So yes thats a true hamon line.

Thanks does it have distal taper toward the tip? Like the geometry of that knife.

Yes, good distal taper. Very thin at the tip and behind the edge

And sold for $1100.
Good buy or good sale? I'm having a hard time deciding.

Hopefully he only has to pay $975 as that was he was also the under-bidder at the amount.
I doubt Josh would up-charge him for bidding against himself...

There was another bidder at $1000 so I guess that will be the final price

Isn’t the knife still part of the fujiyama line? Just with a different sharpener?
It’s pretty much just in name nowadays. Just branding, kono will call as much as they can Fujiyama to double margins. Remember, kono is just a brand - the work is outsourced.

Hmm, it seems like supply is still pretty scarce even with them calling more products as their fujiyama line then.

Hmm, it seems like supply is still pretty scarce even with them calling more products as their fujiyama line then.
You have no idea how scarce they were after the line took off in 2012. Nearly impossible to get. They were in stock for seconds maybe a couple times a year.

Back