Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Ground with a shinogi, the primary bevels have been dialed in on whetstones slightly, and finished to somewhat of a "working" finish.”

A couple too many qualifiers in that description for my liking. How exactly can you dial something in “slightly”. And what is a “somewhat” working finish?
A “somewhat” nonworking finish.

Sheesh

Attachments

• IMG_6080.png
    IMG_6080.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6079.png
    IMG_6079.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6081.png
    IMG_6081.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6082.png
    IMG_6082.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
I have 4 of his knives. Two of them are full convex grinds and those need some serious love. The other is a 300mm deep etch Sujihiki and the geometry on that is less important… but the last one. It’s a deep etch wrought K-tip gyuto and it’s one of my favorite knives. Amazing heavyweight gyuto with fairly high bevels and a 7-1 distal taper. It performs very well on the board. Pretty much 1 out of the 4 has good geometry. Worth it to me!

69E16B7E-8DC1-4A31-B377-59CC6002ABE8.jpeg
3BC7943E-5958-4753-97EC-A654406A4B35.jpeg

I have 4 of his knives. Two of them are full convex grinds and those need some serious love. The other is a 300mm deep etch Sujihiki and the geometry on that is less important… but the last one. It’s a deep etch wrought K-tip gyuto and it’s one of my favorite knives. Amazing heavyweight gyuto with fairly high bevels and a 7-1 distal taper. It performs very well on the board. Pretty much 1 out of the 4 has good geometry. Worth it to me!

View attachment 328271View attachment 328273
Good info, thanks!

Where’s the good geometry one from?

View attachment 328271View attachment 328273
I want a Suji for brisket purposes. And I want a nice dialed gyuto as well. His deep etch is my favorite looking. And I love blue 1 steel

I saw it pop up, immediately went to look and probably could have bought it since I was on Instagram as it posted..but I’m left handed so it didn’t seem like the right thing for me. I know whoever the new owner is, they are going to be happy.

I saw it pop up, immediately went to look and probably could have bought it since I was on Instagram as it posted..but I’m left handed so it didn’t seem like the right thing for me. I know whoever the new owner is, they are going to be happy.
And if they aren't - my tiny hands are here for them if they don't need it :)

I got an early asymmetric right grind 165
It’s super slick with small veg prep if your righty
IMG_4315.jpeg
IMG_4311.jpeg

Back