Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with Nigara is pretty similar to that of Kurosaki, all the effort and money spent on the bling, and not enough on the grind. Plus if you look at the sheer number of blades being churned out, there's no way it can be done by a single person, and thus hard to have any quality control, that would explain why the variation in experience.

Takefu has pretty much nailed the cheat code for getting rich: Bling design to attract the average new users, then send blades to crap load of Michelin star chefs and have them endorse the blades, plus crap load of marketing on Japanese TV shows, hire bunch of underlings to grind in getting the production cost low and ability to churn out large quantity.
Yep it's impressive the production rate. I had far better experience with kurosaki than you though, way way better than nigara anyway.

This happening in 37 min
IMG_4848.png

If only Mazaki made a ginsan suji...oh lord. My wallet would be forfeit.
I've been eyeing his longboi white suji for a long time. Though that's a particular knife I'd feel pretty good about having carbon steel.

I just emailed them to see if they'll be getting more styles, will follow up once I hear back.

Oh so you were looking for a slicer?
I was really interested in the Sanjo taper. My daily gyuto is a Kono Madei Sumihiro and I love it.

Because I never had ginsan so I did some research on the steel properties, I don't think I'd like it in a gyuto shape. Same reason I'd never buy any white steel in a gyuto. I had a Maroboshi and it had a wicked sharp edge, but the edge retention was terrible.

I was really interested in the Sanjo taper. My daily gyuto is a Kono Madei Sumihiro and I love it.

Because I never had ginsan so I did some research on the steel properties, I don't think I'd like it in a gyuto shape. Same reason I'd never buy any white steel in a gyuto. I had a Maroboshi and it had a wicked sharp edge, but the edge retention was terrible.
The sumiiro is so good I had to get a second one after falling in love with the first.

Back