Quantcast

Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Corradobrit1

Reaction score

Robert Lavacca

Reaction score
Three Jiro nakiri popped up on protooling. I grabbed #148. Someone grabbed another one. Looks like #150 is left if someone is interested.
Edit: sorry #149 is available

Last edited:

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those in the Greater Toronto Area - Zwilling Canada is having their warehouse sale this weekend. Usually some deals on Zkramer/Miyabi/Staub can be found (and the lower lines as well if that's your thing)

Slim278

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those in the Greater Toronto Area - Zwilling Canada is having their warehouse sale this weekend. Usually some deals on Zkramer/Miyabi/Staub can be found (and the lower lines as well if that's your thing)
I do like my Staub cast iron however it is hard for me to take the sales from them seriously as some of the items they have seem to be on sale perpetually.

esoo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like my Staub cast iron however it is hard for me to take the sales from them seriously as some of the items they have seem to be on sale perpetually.
Very true. You have to know your pricing on items when you walk in but there is deals to be had on occasion. My two best buys from previous years were a Staub Tagine and a B-Stock Miyabi Birchwood Gyuto. The majority is nothing special price wise however.

Repjapsteel

Reaction score
ZDP189 honyaki gyuto single bevel.

Midsummer

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is a cool knife!!!!

juice

TF magic
Reaction score
Who knew $800 pizza cutters were a thing
I saw a really oversized Damascus pizza cutter on IG in the last couple of days. No price on it, but I did think it looked somewhat ridiculous. (OTOH, I've gone right off Damascus these days - function is what I care about! (Says the bloke with a Shun, a Tojiro and a handful of Furis...))

M1k3

Aiyeh
Reaction score
I saw a really oversized Damascus pizza cutter on IG in the last couple of days. No price on it, but I did think it looked somewhat ridiculous. (OTOH, I've gone right off Damascus these days - function is what I care about! (Says the bloke with a Shun, a Tojiro and a handful of Furis...))
Shun Paring?

juice

TF magic
Reaction score
Oh I see. Wrong handed.
Yeah, see, I knew so little when I bought it, I didn't realise that knives like that (boning knife) were made almost exclusively for wrong-handed people, I was used to knives that were bi-beveled. And I wanted a smaller knife to use, and it was cheap, so I bought it. And so we learn...

M1k3

Aiyeh
Reaction score
I don't make the rules. Most overseas makers seem to dislike wrong handed people. Not your fault you can't use the Right one ;)

josemartinlopez

我會買所有的獨角獸
Reaction score

How does one even use a ZDP189 honyaki gyuto single bevel?

Codered

Reaction score
Kato kiritsuke gyuto and shige 210 kitaeji coming to JNS site
According to a thread here very bad knifes. They wedge like crazy on potatoes( if you can believe that). Yet they will be gone off the site in less than 10 secons. The price is an all time high 1780$

Jville

Reaction score
According to a thread here very bad knifes. They wedge like crazy on potatoes( if you can believe that). Yet they will be gone off the site in less than 10 secons. The price is an all time high 1780$
Arent they already gone?