Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knifewear has listed a few Munetoshi migaki knives, no pictures yet. That's at least three new Munetoshi retailers this year, makes me wonder how much longer JNS will stock them.

Interesting... if they're comparable performers to the JNS versions, the price is super tempting. Hope they post pics and stats soon.

Years ago I asked a friend who is a blacksmith, "why don't you make stainless sanmai knives for easier maintenance?"

It turned out that laminating stainless with carbon steel is a very challenging process which requires special equipment and techniques. I'm not aware of another famous Japanese smith other than TF who does stainless clad by himself.

If stainless sanmai is already challenging, forging stainless damascus in-house is mission impossible...
This should’ve gotten more likes... that’s interesting. I always wondered why no one does carbon core with stainless Damascus cladding... I guess if you’re ya hard to do it San mai it makes a lot of sense.

Also that Ryky thing... I think it gave me a hemorrhoid

• Haha
Reactions: JDC
Knifewear has listed a few Munetoshi migaki knives, no pictures yet. That's at least three new Munetoshi retailers this year, makes me wonder how much longer JNS will stock them.
But Mune Honyaki (definitely recommendable) still only in JNS ...

Its a Buddhist motif representing "well-being" that the Nazi's co-opted for their evil purposes.
I know this, in the western world it was kinda equivalent to a shamrock I guess. My grandma was showing me a card she and my grandpa sent each other and it had a bunch of cherubs on it holding swastikas. I gave the *** Treatment and she said swastikas used to be used by different people for things like that.
Those bastards ruined everything they touched.
Except for cars and highways.... but ya they really sucked right?

I thought black lotus has a really neat symbol, but now I can’t unsee it, that was my point. Wasn’t trying to be all “saying merry Christmas is offensive” woke about it. Just from a design perspective it’s got the basic structure of a swastika

Lol okay so I’m just jagging around with this, but I drew it without the middle parts of the petals so those of if u can’t see it. But a swastika is just an x with lines coming off the tip at ~90 degree angle all in the same direction.

So for your consideration:
354862EE-94EC-44FD-9311-3863AD8F2F23.png

DE924378-4AE2-46E5-91DE-56FD1F926139.jpeg

BE3AA28C-C458-43AA-B59A-F2750D0C3ACB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, please stop. You all realize that many people end up here when researching makers? Associating a maker in any way with one of the most heinous government regimes in history is totally inappropriate. And that’s exactly what you’re doing.
This. It's REALLY ridiculous, and quite possibly defamatory, in a drunk kinda way. @Admin here's something that ACTUALLY needs clearing up so that reputations aren't smeared (not saying that's why it was first mentioned, but unintended consequences and so on).

Please, please stop. You all realize that many people end up here when researching makers? Associating a maker in any way with one of the most heinous government regimes in history is totally inappropriate. And that’s exactly what you’re doing.
I don’t really think that’s what is happening. He said his wife saw it, now HE sees it. Period.

Damn. Let's back the truck up.

A relatively benign thread all of a sudden gets reported by everyone on here. I look in and a clusterf**k has broken out.

Southpaw, your wife sees something nobody else sees and you share that. OK. It's not a flattering observation but OK. But then you had to explain it. And then you had to provide pictures. Proving that the maker is part of some secret sect bent on world domination. Could have done without that.

Now I've got to moderate. A quick mention that perhaps this was not appropriate? Wholesale pruning? Shut it down?

It's a worthwhile thread that only turned to crap on the last few posts. Hopefully everyone can "un-see" the mess and I can leave it as such.

and propagate that...

Twigg was a little harsh but that part is important.

Back