Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it’s a Kasumi, Satin is a little cheaper. But one really similar and was 145sc went for 600 from protooling last year.

Definitely higher prices at Mydo.
Anyone knows if there is a Vat included in the price?
BTW the KamonHuber Kollab sold too low on EatingTools.
Just have to check normal Kamon pricing there. So the one who bought it was super lucky to get it for a good price.

Just have to check normal Kamon pricing there. So the one who bought it was super lucky to get it for a good price.

That said, the pricing is actually not that far off from a few other sites I've seen. Crocker Cutlery had a few Kamons go for 1400 used and 1600 new for a 255 and 245, respectively.

Also, I think Mydo made a mistake on the KU listing. They showed the 3 Kamons on their IG story and the KU one they showed was a Heirloom handle. The one displayed on the site last night was a model they sold a while ago (also KU, but different handle with Torpedo end caps).

Lastly, I heard from someone on here that when bringing a knife from Mydo into the US, they paid import fees

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230526_092357_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230526_092357_Instagram.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230526_092506_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230526_092506_Chrome.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 0
I keep looking at the Kamon-Huber, but alas, I'm too poor. Was hoping for that Eating Tools pricing, lol.

That said, the pricing is actually not that far off from a few other sites I've seen. Crocker Cutlery had a few Kamons go for 1400 used and 1600 new for a 255 and 245, respectively.

Also, I think Mydo made a mistake on the KU listing. They showed the 3 Kamons on their IG story and the KU one they showed was a Heirloom handle. The one displayed on the site last night was a model they sold a while ago (also KU, but different handle with Torpedo end caps).

Lastly, I heard from someone on here that when bringing a knife from Mydo into the US, they paid import fees
Yup they declare full value on import docs. I think I paid almost $300 on a $1500 kamon a while back.

Echo all of the above. The Raquin and Kamon are both tempting. The Raquin probably more so. 125sc vs 145sc and mild steel vs. wrought or stainless. Either way someone will be happy. Cant imagine any of that stuff performing anything less than great.

Back