Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is good, but the choil.... Reminds me of the Tsukasa tamahagane stuff
That choil shot looks clunky/chunky. I know choil shots don’t tell the story, but they do depict at least a few chapters. Lee is putting out great stuff, so I would think giving him the benefit of the doubt they will be phenomenal. That Mert on the other hand thst @blokey posted, I know that’s a phenomenal cutter.

https://www.chefs-edge.com/collections/june-release
New stuff new stuff including Nigara Hamono, Tsunehisa, and HADO

How are HADO stuff by the way
HADO makes really amazing work (I have the Damascus blue in 210 and 240). BE AWARE that it’s really thin behind the edge (nail flexing)

I’m not in a professional setting, so I love having them but when I use the 210, I can immediately feel that this is a very light, delicate blade.

I really wouldn’t suggest it for a professional restaurant setting but if you are in a different setting and want a lovely experience, they’re awesome

The junpaku line is apparently a very similar grind to Tanaka x Kyuzo if you’re familiar with it. I have a Junpaku on the way so I can’t tell you for certain.

Another person to ask are @itzjustchris1

What is this? A wrought iron from Manaka-san?

1686234139515.jpeg

HADO makes really amazing work (I have the Damascus blue in 210 and 240). BE AWARE that it’s really thin behind the edge (nail flexing)

I’m not in a professional setting, so I love having them but when I use the 210, I can immediately feel that this is a very light, delicate blade.

I really wouldn’t suggest it for a professional restaurant setting but if you are in a different setting and want a lovely experience, they’re awesome

The junpaku line is apparently a very similar grind to Tanaka x Kyuzo if you’re familiar with it. I have a Junpaku on the way so I can’t tell you for certain.

Another person to ask are @itzjustchris1

All Hado from Shirogami, Aogami and Ginsan steel, Grind really get really thin behind the edge.

Wasn't able to get blue2 Hado gyuto from chefsedge June release. This is another store who sold out before “release time”. I stayed up til 1 am on a school day. (They put a "new release" timer on instagram) Annoyed. @chefsedgeau.

Last edited:
Wasn't able to get blue2 Hado gyuto from chefsedge June release. Another store who sold out before timer is over. They stayed up til 1 am on a school day. (They put a "new release" timer on instagram) Annoyed. @chefsedgeau.
I had the 210 oak in my cart and it changed to sold out
Lol
Saved me a lot of money 💰

Latest posts

Back