Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. Was already looking for ones that use Hitachi steels, which is super uncommon even with custom makers. They typically use stuff like S45VN, Elmax, M390, Cruwear for corrosion resistance

Last edited:
at that point is it even something that is used as a tool or just flaunting "F you" money as an art piece

at that point is it even something that is used as a tool or just flaunting "F you" money as an art piece
Depends who buys it. Modern Cooking has much more range of clients than this forum demographics. Some art collectors, some hobbyists, some professionals, etc

I have the same feeling. I have loved the feel of a good kitchen knife as long as I remember, but it is still a tool to me. I have no problem using 500$ on a knife that brings me joy daily in the kitchen. I would even pay 1000$ for a knife from a maker showing great craftmanship, knowing I could use it for the rest of my life and pass on a great knife to my children. But 2000+? I would never dare use it, it would just sit in a drawer as an "investment". I have zero interest in that, but to each his own I guess.

Resale / trade makes it worth it every time no? I mean maybe that is a problem with raffles.. you get a lot of those types of entries. I'm ok with it as long as the winner is a member here ;). Keep it in the fam.

it's not really a raffle is it? doesnt seem like you have to pay for a slot, nor can you pay for extra chances

more like a draw.

draws are easily the fairest way to do it, so I also dont get the complaints. maybe you get lucky, maybe you dont. and I dont have to listen to another person swear to me they didnt use any automated tools.

Back