Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-17-15-14-14.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-17-15-14-14.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 88
I'm quite curious about the 195mm one. That's an unusual size for a gyuto. That can be a cute little friend to my odd 225mm Kochi V2

:D I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Have to see if I can get it first.

Do eet :D I even have you the forum to fill out, lol. It took Horie-san a while to respond to my email, but I believe they're a very reputable vendor amongst German speakers.

you could save quite abit of money and buy the akatsuki from James, about the same thing. but only 210mm is instock.
http://www.knivesandstones.com/sakai-jikko-akatsuki-dawn-gyuto-210mm/
Thanks...the Akatsuki that James has in stock is white 2, but his blue 2 was sold for $450 while available, so it’s still better deal from a better retailer. I’ll wait. It’s just interesting to see that Bernal is selling the same Jikko for $678. Don’t know how they compete like that...

Thanks...the Akatsuki that James has in stock is white 2, but his blue 2 was sold for $450 while available, so it’s still better deal from a better retailer. I’ll wait. It’s just interesting to see that Bernal is selling the same Jikko for $678. Don’t know how they compete like that...
Bernal blue 2 version is a little different. It’s longer and taller.
I wouldn’t buy Jikko unless you know who the sharpener is.

Bernal blue 2 version is a little different. It’s longer and taller.
I wouldn’t buy Jikko unless you know who the sharpener is.
The Bernal one looks identical to the one I posted with price of $499. I compared the measurements and weight and they look similar. And both look like the blue 2 one on Jikko’s official website. I think they might be just original line without any retailer customization.

The Bernal one looks identical to the one I posted with price of $499. I compared the measurements and weight and they look similar. And both look like the blue 2 one on Jikko’s official website. I think they might be just original line without any retailer customization.
Is there measurments anywhere for the CM Jikko? Im assuming its normal sakai meaurements (230mm)...the bernal one is more like a true 240mm gyuto.

edit
okay...the bernal one is 52mm 241mm long...that image CM has lists the measurements as 2 inches x 9.4 inches, personally Id like measurements that were more approximate. If theyre the exact same Its a helluva deal from CM

Is there measurments anywhere for the CM Jikko? Im assuming its normal sakai meaurements (230mm)...the bernal one is more like a true 240mm gyuto.
The 2nd description picture of the CM Jikko shows all the measurements. 240 mm from heel to tip and 400 mm total. 254 gram like the Bernal one (252g).

Attachments

• 987FE423-F2DF-4A33-A947-2BD80D452DBD.png
    987FE423-F2DF-4A33-A947-2BD80D452DBD.png
    86 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I'm quite curious about the 195mm one. That's an unusual size for a gyuto. That can be a cute little friend to my odd 225mm Kochi V2

I've had my eye on the 195mm for a while now waiting on the restock. I'd have to guess it's going to be around 44-45mm as no one's posted personal measurements on them anywhere I can find. That said I know I'm not a KU person and it'll just go back on bst... If wakui made a 195mm v2 iron clad migaki I'd have been all over it.

Back