Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the Kato listed on auction for 1200$ ? Whoever is bidding is either in Japan or not thinking of auction fees+shipment fees + VAT + customs fees...making that a total of 1500$ for a standard gyuto. Same knife is listed on BST for less

Last edited:
ALERT: Tony LaSeur just put a whole slew of beautiful knives for sale on his website. A gorgeous cleaver is among the group, too! I know some of you out there are cleaver lovers.

If that cleaver had been there when I went to his site I would not have been able to resist. Good thing it wasn't, I've spent enough on knives lately lol

How much are those cleavers?

Just asked. 650 SGD + 30 SGD shipping. That's right about 500 USD total. Both cleavers are the same price.

I should take this opportunity to advertise that I volunteer to do what @Barmoley and I did for a Wakui V2: I'm happy to be the middleman, talk to vendors and buy stuff from overseas for people, as long as they let me play with it for a week or 2 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I might have to start an “experiences ordering from Razorsharp” thread. I’m unsure about them.

I had a less than pleasant experience with them. They sold me a Mazaki 210mm Stainless clad Gyuto which turned out to not be stainless clad. They agreed to send me a new knife but I had to pay to ship the return shipping which was not cheap to Singapore.

I had a less than pleasant experience with them. They sold me a Mazaki 210mm Stainless clad Gyuto which turned out to not be stainless clad. They agreed to send me a new knife but I had to pay to ship the return shipping which was not cheap to Singapore.
That's too bad. I've been looking at the stainless polished Mazaki.

Back