Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing: lots of meat on big birds. I just figured the super sized kanji on the jns version perhaps weren’t a deal breaker (or at least not something that spoke in favor of getting the jns over getting the cc version). They’re both deliciously ugly and good looking in their own right, I think.
Not really. But why not go for in your face beautiful ugliness?

OK So first thoughts on the Munetoshi gyuto 240 from CC. It is an ugly knife that lacks attention to details but it will cut decently. The kurouchi is nice but the sandblasted finish of the edge with a shiny hagane makes for a cheap feel of mass production. I will put it to the stones and try to put a hazy kasumi for a more natural rustic feel.
The profile has a raised heel and runs with an uneven belly from heel to tip. Uneven because It has a flat spot in the middle.
The knife is not thick and it doesn't wedge. It cuts well and it is ok functionaly. But it's not something to enjoy visually as a thing of beauty or masterfully made. It's just a knife with a decent steel that will get the job done. For the price payed it is worh its money!
Would I buy a honyaki from Munetoshi? No!
Would I buy another Munetoshi butcher? Yes!

Last edited:
Well I have the 210 Munetoshi Honyaki, it's a completely different ballpark to the 240 KU. Really nimble super thin tip, precision like knife. Was curious and bought it on April sale. I really like it.

Epicurean Edge... Beat that.

I'll likely never get anything from EE unless someone links me to exactly what I want. The site makes me feel like someone secretly slipped me a lot of bad drugs, and it manages to give me anxiety and confusion just trying to browse.

I'm 33, was raised on/by the internet, and visiting that site makes me want to lock up all of my devices and go for a hike.

Why you do this CC!
Meh, when it's time to pull the trigger, I'll flip a coin. Unless one is out of stock...
I’m not sure about price differences after conversion, but the cc is like 180$ where the jns is like 240$ in my currency. The Swedish krona is pretty weak against the Danish.

I'll likely never get anything from EE unless someone links me to exactly what I want. The site makes me feel like someone secretly slipped me a lot of bad drugs, and it manages to give me anxiety and confusion just trying to browse.

I'm 33, was raised on/by the internet, and visiting that site makes me want to lock up all of my devices and go for a hike.
I grew up with the beginning of geocities/angelfire/early internet caveman websites. It reminds me of that but with better pictures.

I've found the search function is slightly less frustrating to find stuff versus their "menus".

What’s the over/under on that thing selling at 1640. Let’s start a pool.
He had two I believe lol. Someone bought one. I remember looking and I swear it said 2 in stock. Now it says one left. I browsed for S&G’s but nothing good really man. I’m sure someone will pick that maz up though. Crazy

I also just looked a little closer at the bevel and edge- confused as to why it’s not polished all the way for that price. Like I wouldn’t want stray scratches on the core if I spent 1640 bucks

I also just looked a little closer at the bevel and edge- confused as to why it’s not polished all the way for that price. Like I wouldn’t want stray scratches on the core of I spent 1640 bucks
Dammy isn’t that exciting either. For the price man that thing is disappointing finish wise.

F62866E3-2C30-4800-9E6D-AC9936FA2329.jpeg
84B0E823-91C2-4CA6-A955-B9AB16B6CB9B.jpeg

Yeah choil looks fine. The unfinished bevel is confusing. But tbh I still haven't found a single high def pic out there yet other than that choil shot. Wonder why that is.

Back