Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three Jiro nakiri popped up on protooling. I grabbed #148. Someone grabbed another one. Looks like #150 is left if someone is interested.
Edit: sorry #149 is available

Last edited:
For those in the Greater Toronto Area - Zwilling Canada is having their warehouse sale this weekend. Usually some deals on Zkramer/Miyabi/Staub can be found (and the lower lines as well if that's your thing)
I do like my Staub cast iron however it is hard for me to take the sales from them seriously as some of the items they have seem to be on sale perpetually.

I do like my Staub cast iron however it is hard for me to take the sales from them seriously as some of the items they have seem to be on sale perpetually.

Very true. You have to know your pricing on items when you walk in but there is deals to be had on occasion. My two best buys from previous years were a Staub Tagine and a B-Stock Miyabi Birchwood Gyuto. The majority is nothing special price wise however.

Who knew $800 pizza cutters were a thing
I saw a really oversized Damascus pizza cutter on IG in the last couple of days. No price on it, but I did think it looked somewhat ridiculous. (OTOH, I've gone right off Damascus these days - function is what I care about! (Says the bloke with a Shun, a Tojiro and a handful of Furis...))

I saw a really oversized Damascus pizza cutter on IG in the last couple of days. No price on it, but I did think it looked somewhat ridiculous. (OTOH, I've gone right off Damascus these days - function is what I care about! (Says the bloke with a Shun, a Tojiro and a handful of Furis...))
Shun Paring?

Nothing so good, Gyuto. And it's by far the best knife I've got... (Well, the Tojiro is OK but I'm lefthanded and it's not, so...)
Oh I see. Wrong handed. Rumor is if @CiderBear buys the knife, there's a 96.8% chance it'll have a wrong handed bias. Right @labor of love?

Oh I see. Wrong handed.
Yeah, see, I knew so little when I bought it, I didn't realise that knives like that (boning knife) were made almost exclusively for wrong-handed people, I was used to knives that were bi-beveled. And I wanted a smaller knife to use, and it was cheap, so I bought it. And so we learn...

Kato kiritsuke gyuto and shige 210 kitaeji coming to JNS site
According to a thread here very bad knifes. They wedge like crazy on potatoes( if you can believe that). Yet they will be gone off the site in less than 10 secons. The price is an all time high 1780$

According to a thread here very bad knifes. They wedge like crazy on potatoes( if you can believe that). Yet they will be gone off the site in less than 10 secons. The price is an all time high 1780$
Arent they already gone?

Back